Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

Not hyperbole, but observation. With the exception of Delta, what has Poo & Schnutts produced in the last several decades that is laudable? When one hires P&S to design a building, the inevitable result is butt bouillon.

Armour does have a point. Greenland could have completely redesigned the towers to be somewhat interesting. It looks more like a Concord Adex product than anything else. If Greenland wanted to make an impact in Toronto, they should have really invested some money into something more visually appealing.

I'm not expecting this to actually turn out poorly. I think others may be surprised. The podium looks really decent. And this parking lot will disappear. And it will house a Theatre Museum. All good things

Brick by brick:
IMG_5207.JPG

IMG_5208.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5209.JPG
    IMG_5209.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 910
  • IMG_5207.JPG
    IMG_5207.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 936
  • IMG_5208.JPG
    IMG_5208.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 905
I wonder if the bricks underneath will also be saved. In one way they look far rougher, owing to our view of the back side with the mortar oozing out, but I also wonder if these are just the kind of thing that were sourced to create the bricked laneways of the Distillery District. If there's any more call for aged brick, there's quite the source here.

I was under the impression they had started digging here already, or at least shoring up the site. Apparently I am seeing things.

Back