Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

photo from https://www.blogto.com/city/2019/10/toronto-covered-fog-morning/

looks like it was taken on that foggy day last week, looks like it’s from the north from a unit at 87 Peter.

CB7B5A26-2859-4555-8C14-1C9BACB6D87C.jpeg

Last edited:
Execution of the new podium portion looks to be fairly well done, although we still have to see the complete grade level when the hoarding comes down. My main criticism is that the quality of glass on the Westinghouse facade could have been better.

It looks nice. It and whatever is happening beside it to the east will transform restaurant row. Some short term (construction) pain, but long term it should make this stretch much better if done right and it adds a significant number of new restaurants on the strip. I wish the buildings to the east on King could at least keep the original facade like Westinghouse has, but that doesn't appear to the the case. I like the building and opted not to buy due to the builder not having a reputation in Canada yet.... but I concede I was wrong on that, I think.....(ohhh, the price I could have bought in at... ;( )

When is this going to open for occupancy. The tower facades have been completed for almost 6 months, so it feels a little unusual that occupancy hasn't started on the lower floors at least by now... What do you think? Or is this one of those builders that defers all occupancy until all of the units on all of the floors are ready? Anyone know the deal?

Surprisingly, not terrible.
Yep, compared to the cookie cutters around it (yes, I'm talking about you M5V, Charlie, and 8 Mercer - boring boring boring) , King Blue is beautiful. 11 Charlotte (Ling Charlotte - Lamb) and Bisha are other stand outs as well (beautiful buildings), and the new Nobu hotel and condominium tower behind King Blue on Mercer is going to transform the area and revitalize Mercer street. Exciting times for city planning and for the people who live in the area. The next 5 years are really going to reshape the area for the better.

I don’t think M5V is boring, just not well executed. That is one terrible building inside and out.

King Charlotte is nice and Bisha is ok at best. The materials are meh to me. The standouts of the new crop are king Charlotte Peter St Condos and tableau. Nice designs and no cheap materials.

Surprisingly, not terrible.

'Not terrible' seems to be the benchmark Toronto strives for. On a positive note, it bears mentioning that Toronto is still a city that's built for the masses rather than a city for the rich. I've lived in the latter and it's not something I'd like see happen here. A lot of our boom is rooted in being a city where the masses can succeed/have a good life. If that were to end you can bet your bottom dollar that 120,000 people wouldn't be moving here annually.

Last edited:
It looks nice. It and whatever is happening beside it to the east will transform restaurant row. Some short term (construction) pain, but long term it should make this stretch much better if done right and it adds a significant number of new restaurants on the strip. I wish the buildings to the east on King could at least keep the original facade like Westinghouse has, but that doesn't appear to the the case. I like the building and opted not to buy due to the builder not having a reputation in Canada yet.... but I concede I was wrong on that, I think.....(ohhh, the price I could have bought in at... ;( )

When is this going to open for occupancy. The tower facades have been completed for almost 6 months, so it feels a little unusual that occupancy hasn't started on the lower floors at least by now... What do you think? Or is this one of those builders that defers all occupancy until all of the units on all of the floors are ready? Anyone know the deal?
people should be taking occupancy in dec-feb, with the top floors moving in february. PDIs are starting or should have started by now.

Back