Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

Hey brunch peeps! Pigeon Café. Photo taken 10 June.
IMG_2459.jpeg

It's too bad ownership squabbles have left the maintenance of the sidewalk canopy in such dire shape...

Silly question; who is said ownership squabble between?

Also, is this something property standards could be asked to take enforcement action on?

As a side note, I don't actually like the canopy, or its placement, or the entire grade treatment for that portion of the building if it comes to that. But if the applicable parties can't agree on routine maintenance, I imaging they couldn't agree to replace it with something better either.

Silly question; who is said ownership squabble between?
There are 4 separate ownership groups here.
Also, is this something property standards could be asked to take enforcement action on?
Maybe? I doubt it though, especially if some of the owners aren't even reachable.

As a side note, I don't actually like the canopy, or its placement, or the entire grade treatment for that portion of the building if it comes to that. But if the applicable parties can't agree on routine maintenance, I imaging they couldn't agree to replace it with it something better either.
Not gonna happen.

I passed by today and saw a sign for upcoming Sutton Place Hotel. Is the existing King Blue Hotel being renamed or is there going to be a second hotel in the complex?

Edit: Never mind, saw the post above. So it’s being renamed and Sutton Place Toronto is being resurrected.

Dec 2, 2022

zyfy2AV.jpg

Sheesh. Canopies are supposed to be welcoming, sheltering you from the wind or rain… not make the ground level less inviting. If this had been a metre higher, and the lights (and possibly more of them) glowed a warm white during the day too, this ground level might not have looked so utterly dingy. Feh.

Agreed. I can't get over how bad the building meets the sidewalk. Lifeless. Absolutely terrible.

Back