Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

Taal, your post regarding the project to the east of this one has been moved to its thread.

Wow ...

So in fact their are 3 condo building being proposed (separate developments, one being King blue (2 buildings) and the other being the project above).

So using google maps, everything that can be pictured below all the way up to and including Westinghouse will be replaced by 3 condos.

http://goo.gl/maps/gTefD

What an absolute piece of garbage. I'm willing to sacrifice some of my property value (got a place nearby) for a couple years of a depressed condo market just to ensure this hideous excuse for a proposal doesn't get built. Look at that awful roof element! This is going to make the king of shitty spandrel (300 Front) look like a masterpiece.

King Blue? King Bleck!

Last edited:
What an absolute piece of garbage. I'm willing to sacrifice some of my property value (got a place nearby) for a couple years of a depressed condo market just to ensure this hideous excuse for a proposal doesn't get built. Look at that awful roof element! This is going to make the king of shitty spandrel (300 Front) look like a masterpiece.

King Blue? King Bleck!

That’s a pretty immature thing for you to say.
Hopefully you’re wrong and/or the only one with an impacted property value.

That’s a pretty immature thing for you to say.
Hopefully you’re wrong and/or the only one with an impacted property value.

So me wishing some short term ill on myself for the beauty of the neighbourhood is immature, while you wishing ill upon nobody but me and me alone is...what? The adult thing to say? Take a hike buddy. It already worked once, a poorly priced and poorly slapped together development was cancelled right across the street (Tux) and I'm just hoping it will happen again because we deserve better than this.

It already worked once, a poorly priced and poorly slapped together development was cancelled right across the street (Tux) and I'm just hoping it will happen again because we deserve better than this.

Gee, didnt know that TUX was cancelled...according to their website, its still a go...http://www.greatgulf.com/comingsoon

So me wishing some short term ill on myself for the beauty of the neighbourhood is immature, while you wishing ill upon nobody but me and me alone is...what? The adult thing to say? Take a hike buddy. It already worked once, a poorly priced and poorly slapped together development was cancelled right across the street (Tux) and I'm just hoping it will happen again because we deserve better than this.

Keep the wishing on yourself and not the Canadian economy.

Yup Tux is canned..the sales center is all locked up.

It wouldn't surprise if something was cancelled. There are a lot of proposals in the area. Not all of them are likely to get built if the market flattens for a couple of years.

The new renders are a massive improvement on what was originally proposed. The Westinghouse may still not get the respect it deserves, but at least its street presence will be protected.

We have added several new renderings of King Blue to our dataBase entry page, with more visual information on how they are handling the podium components, including the Westinghouse Building façade and the Theatre Museum Canada's street presence. You'll also find new images of amenities and some suite interior pics.

They've obviously taken some visual cues from Festival Tower's balcony glass, but slightly different. Looks like there's going to be a visual fading from partially opaque at the bottom of each balcony glass panel to fully clear towards the top. Could be interesting.

The project overall looks good. There's a few parts that I don't feel integrate with the whole quite right, but that can be overlooked. It's also difficult to tell, but is that a dash of colour I'm seeing on the spandrels other than green?

Back