Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

Nicely lit at night:

IMG_3827.jpeg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7258.jpg

I took this pic today. The lights are a nice addition. The PDI has started. I spoke to a foreman and he told me that the towers are complete and initial occupancy will take place in mid Jan.

they have built luxury condos in LA, Chicago, London and many Western cities and they've also built some of the most luxurious hotels in Asia. Greenland is a huge company they are just doing what every developer in Toronto does, cheap out and make as much money as you can.

It's kinda interesting to see into the mechanical room - better than a blank wall facing the street and might provide light in there during the day (although there are lots of light fixtures in there). It's similar to emergency exit stairwells with windows.
Not sure about the cheaping out aspect, as street-facing space may be more valuable as market condo space.

they have built luxury condos in LA, Chicago, London and many Western cities and they've also built some of the most luxurious hotels in Asia. Greenland is a huge company they are just doing what every developer in Toronto does, cheap out and make as much money as you can.
Doesn't matter all the other projects they built, it's still their first in Toronto, all the local contractors and sub contractors and all those relationships are new to them
Nobody can tell the quality of their build here in Toronto, until we have people moving in and see how its actually is

Why exactly is this project considered "cheaping out" exactly? Looks pretty solid to me top to bottom, podium especially.

Looks pretty good so far. Full glass mullion-less windows (something many Toronto developers have yet to hear of *cough Tridel*) actual, real brick (Plenty of developers using "brick" panels, good job with the heritage building. I don't see a lot of spandrel (the go-to bread and butter of Toronto developers)either. I'd say they this developer has done a better job than the average TO developer so far.

Last edited:
what i meant by cheap out is that they have bulit it according to Toronto's standards probably the cheapest project in their portfolio, referring to Karledice comment of no track record of quality. Greenland usually built AAA offices, 5 star hotels and luxury condos. this is neither of them
the project itself is decent and i like it.

View attachment 224915
Kind of odd to have a mechanical room face King St with windows too.

I noticed that too walking by one night. The windows maybe frosted later or it would be cool to make it into some kind of art installation piece with coloured lights. At least it’s a very clean and tidy looking mechanical room compared to other condos. A blank wall or a louvred panel would be an unfortunate element facing King Street.
Overall, this is turning out to be a nice looking project. Can’t wait to see what’s going to happen to the hotel portion.

Back