Mississauga The Kith and Kindred Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

RE: renderings on today's homepage article

why do they show cars driving in the no-traffic lane (the lane with chevrons on it)? and why does the sign saying "Daniel's Erin Mills" in the final image have an apostrophe? sloppy sloppy sloppy

Density has been severely reduced. No wonder this has been taking so long. They are now 11, 15 and 29s buildings:

reMmafph.png

I personally preferred the previous proposal, but this is a decent fit for the site. Hopefully they let the 29s building through, I believe they will since there have been a lot of compromises here.

In the report, the primary concern with the initial tall buildings proposal is for the hospital helicopter flight paths, given that the helipad is just down the street. Makes sense why they had to downsize it. Although I do prefer a larger development for this site, this is a pretty good compromise, as it still a solid design. The design itself kind of reminds me of the River City condos in Toronto's east end.

Looking forward to more intensification in the future, with height increasing towards the mall, those big empty fields and plazas around EMTC would look pretty great with some 30-40s buildings there.

This is nothing like River City. It's just some more kookie kutter kirkor krap.

I'm talking more like RC phases 1 and 2, which are similar looking (although Daniels Erin Mills will probably end up with cheaper materials), nothing in Mississauga even comes close to RC phase 3.

I'm talking more like RC phases 1 and 2, which are similar looking (although Daniels Erin Mills will probably end up with cheaper materials), nothing in Mississauga even comes close to RC phase 3.
other than the colour scheme, how so? They look nothing alike. The articulation is completely different.

other than the colour scheme, how so? They look nothing alike. The articulation is completely different.
What I see is how the two midrise buildings somewhat enclose on a common space in between them with a road circling the outside along the reservoir. Kind of similarly to how RC has the common space and road in between the buildings with the road encircling the midrise development, sitting just up from the Don River.

While they are significantly different in terms of orientation and placement, I just get an RC vibe from them based on how things are laid out.

As per the Mississauga development applications map, phase 1 will be the 11s and 15s buildings. The 11s building will be a retirement building, and the 15s building will be rental apartments.

Back