Toronto KESKUS Estonian Cultural Centre | 17.07m | 3s | Kongats

right underneath the dead middle of this site basically. There is a reason there is a big line of parking lots along the north side of Bloor.
...er, thanks for pointing that out. It saved me from getting my ears all dirty.😼

right underneath the dead middle of this site basically. There is a reason there is a big line of parking lots along the north side of Bloor.

KESKUS construction update​

0abe36_3d481369839a45bb8bc6da352ec9f1b8~mv2.png
Progress has been made with the TTC as it rebuilds its databases and communications systems. The TTC is responsible for the public transit system in Toronto and securing the safety of travellers and operations was paramount after a crippling ransomware attack on systems. Building and planning is now back on track as well. The KESKUS project bridges TTC subway tunnels, resulting in a complex monitoring process. Installation of the monitoring equipment was completed as reported in last month's newsletter, and TTC has now cleared KESKUS to start construction. The project is looking forward to an eventful 2022 - a separate newsletter will be sent out just as soon as the groundbreaking light is a steady green!​

Latest:

The plan is for KESKUS to be under construction by February 24, 2022 – already a noteworthy date for Estonians around the world to celebrate the 104th Estonian Independence Day or “Vabariigi aastapäev”. All permits are now in place for KESKUS International Estonian Centre to commence construction in the cultural hub of downtown Toronto. Read more here, eesti keeles siin.

...and this why I don't need to take pics, as my colleagues here are great with the follow-ups! <3

Excuses, excuses ;). Once you start taking pics, you won't be able to stop. It's addictive. Mine are 100% cell phone, so lack of camera is also not a good reason.
...well I'm leaning on the tried and trued excuse of avoiding being laughed at here. >.<
-----

Update: They are currently removing front lobby thingy of 11 Madison.

...and said ceremony appears to be commencing.

Meant to to post this three days ago...but one of those shoring thingmajigadoos is currently on site.

Update: A large shoring rig is on site and commencing with hole poking.

...as well as the heritage structure has been decommissioned of all its external white paint - looks all lovely and rosey now!

Back