Toronto Karma Condos | 165.8m | 50s | Lifetime | a—A

Yeah, it should speed up when they get past he podium. But this one is in contention with Bisha for slowest projects to get up and running. Too bad, as I've been particularly excited about this one for a while.

Yeah, it should speed up when they get past he podium. But this one is in contention with Bisha for slowest projects to get up and running. Too bad, as I've been particularly excited about this one for a while.

I agree, 2 years to get to where they are now
Dont know, if the re-locating of the heritage bldgs. on both projects had anything to do with it, or if Lifetime Developments just had too much on their plate

Oct 29/2012
karma026.jpg

What a maze. And those look like transfer beams to the north. No wonder it's taking forever to form up.

I agree, 2 years to get to where they are now
Dont know, if the re-locating of the heritage bldgs. on both projects had anything to do with it, or if Lifetime Developments just had too much on their plate

Oct 29/2012

I never realized Bisha and Karma were the same developer, interesting point. I wonder the same as you but either way I hope they have surpassed most of the hardest challenges now and can get moving, on both sites.

Could moving the heritage buildings really have been that difficult? The actual visible portion of moving the heritage building didn't seem to take long. Both projects seemed to just sit for weeks during excavation and construction back to grade....

Glad to see both on the rise. Thanks for the photos everyone.

Small site, heritage building, complicated base etc. Obviously a good reason for how long it takes. Its not in Lifetime's interest to take longer than necessary.

Small site, heritage building, complicated base etc. Obviously a good reason for how long it takes. Its not in Lifetime's interest to take longer than necessary.

Agreed. Also you have to look at the forming contractor. They are the ones putting up the tower. If they arent moving the towers will take forever to build. Bisha was a deep hole which in large part explains why it took so long to get back to grade. Also the structural ramp that was used at the site severly limits the sequence of work that can be completed as the engineers limit site activity when those ramps are used. Karma was a very wet hole. That said the basement SOG was completed in March. Theres no reason it should take as long as it has just to get the parking garage to grade. The slowness here is on the forming contractor. Look at 1000 Bay. The basement slab was poured in August and September and they were above grade in October.

Regarding rate of build: workers were active on site all past weekend. I've seen a big increase in person-power in the couple weeks.

The size of the transfer beams is impressive - those are almost an floor high!

With the complex issues finally behind them, this project seems to be picking up the pace now.

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.18.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.18.32 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.18.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.18.05 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 843
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.18.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.18.32 PM.png
    941.5 KB · Views: 927

Back