Toronto Karma Condos | 165.8m | 50s | Lifetime | a—A

Definitely, your photo gives a great perspective on where this will be. Along with 460 Yonge, this area is going to have a fairly thick cluster.

I'm more looking forward to 460 Yonge as the it will add to the Yonge Street apron and its design is a departure from the non-descript 'temporary' looking glass towers inundating the core. 460 promises to have a permanence and solidity absent from so many buildings constructed these days. That said, Karma is a welcomed addition.

Last edited:
July 13

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpg
    IMG_0951.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,020
Thanks RC1 - Impressive - would love to see how the supporting columns get tied into the parking structure.

I'm more looking forward to 460 Yonge as the it will add to the Yonge Street apron and its design is a departure from the non-descript 'temporary' looking glass towers inundating the core. 460 promises to have a permanence and solidity absent from so many buildings constructed these days. That said, Karma is a welcomed addition.

You do realize that the current design for 460 is pretty much a glass clad tower with a rectilinear form and a bit of balcony flourishes in line with various aA projects right? That, and the firm in question has a questionable history of execution (where "permanaence" and "solidity" is anything but) leads one to question whether the final product will match the already low expectations.

AoD

Thanks matted.

They used the same construction technique in supporting the parking ramp during early stages of the Aura build.

HaHaHa! Now that would be a neat trick! I know a few other things that I'd like you to make disappear. ;)

Last edited:

Wait what!? I thought it looked precarious before, and now it is just floating there? This stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Back