Toronto Karma Condos | 165.8m | 50s | Lifetime | a—A

I'm pretty sure there's to be water running through that apparatus on the wall beside the podium terrace in the second-last pic above. It would be interesting to see it and hear it in operation later this year.

I'm pretty sure there's to be water running through that apparatus on the wall beside the podium terrace in the second-last pic above. It would be interesting to see it and hear it in operation later this year.

You're right. I live in the building, and they were testing the water feature in the fall when the building first opened. It looked great! Plus the sound of the water helps to (gently) muffle some of the street noise on the terrace. I'll post photos in the spring once its up and running again.

The new planters of solid stone look really great.
IMG_4106.JPG
IMG_4107.JPG
IMG_4108.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4106.JPG
    IMG_4106.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 598
  • IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
    872.9 KB · Views: 493
I really hope they don't get destroyed. Since they did the narrowing a lot of trucks have been mouting the curb there because they can't quite make the corner to get into the laneway

I noticed a shattered window during the second week of February. I can't tell how long it'd been like that, tho - Also, this week, I saw workers replacing one of the panels enclosing a balcony on the west side of the building - :
DSCN1178.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1178.JPG
    DSCN1178.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 496
I must say I really like the lights on the mech levels at night. Very classy and restrained. Something very Art Deco about them as well (I know that is a weird read for a building of this style)
My phone does not take decent night shots though so I apologize for addressing it and not supplying a photo.

I really hope they don't get destroyed. Since they did the narrowing a lot of trucks have been mouting the curb there because they can't quite make the corner to get into the laneway
It's the skateboarders that are going to destroy the edges of the bench and the planter. They do this on all new infrastructure, so I can't see why they won't do it here too. It needs to be protected from skateboarders before it's ruined!

Back