Toronto Karma Condos | 165.8m | 50s | Lifetime | a—A

I agree that there is enough of these towers now. But I actually really like karma. It's clean, not fussy. I think it's my favourite of the bunch. I will have to take a picture but it looks quite nice from sherbourne and wellesly. Ties the met and and the shorter college park towers together nicely from that perspective

does anyone other then me think that the name karma and the numbers 66 in the height are possibly symbolic of something :O

You can see them forming the mechanical penthouse now.

Also, found this photo of the model from way back. The subtle geometry of the mechanical penthouse up top will be a nice touch.

urbantoronto-4049-11982.jpg

I was just throwing it out there since i'd noticed it it made me think alittle :p but yeah if the official heigh isn't 166 and 165 it kind of takes the fun away

No, but glass box is the unavoidable typology of our times - and I'd rather have a firm that at least put some care in their products that ones that don't. Alternately, you can look at the hot mess that's happening at Humber Bay in contrast.

AoD
Why can't other forms be utilized more often? Ice isn't a glass box. If we're going to build boxy buildings, it would be nice to see more variation. River City 3 (all three River City phases, actually) is/are a more creative use of a box shape than any of aA's minimalist designs. aA are pretty masterful with execution and fine details, but Clewes shows little imagination and audacity in most of his work.

Why can't other forms be utilized more often? Ice isn't a glass box. If we're going to build boxy buildings, it would be nice to see more variation. River City 3 (all three River City phases, actually) is/are a more creative use of a box shape than any of aA's minimalist designs. aA are pretty masterful with execution and fine details, but Clewes shows little imagination and audacity in most of his work.

Oh grand, it's that time of year again...

Back