Toronto Junction Point | 27.6m | 8s | Gairloch | a—A

Seriously? Gariloch puts together a unique looker of a project to follow up post-383 Sorauren… and then puts it on the block? I hope the company is still a going concern.

This is still listed on Gairloch's website and new documents went into the city this month, so I take it the project is still on track? Or perhaps just trying to secure the rezoning before a flip?

Between this, Junction House, and DUKE, this stretch of Dundas is going to have a pretty sharp collection of brick mid-rises. My only regret is that this one doesn't include any retail. I guess they figure there isn't enough foot traffic to support retail here? Still would have been nice to have at least designed the ground floor units for future conversion to commercial space in case the economics change in the future (e.g., if Bloor and Dundas becomes a major regional mobility hub).

Between this, Junction House, and DUKE, this stretch of Dundas is going to have a pretty sharp collection of brick mid-rises. My only regret is that this one doesn't include any retail. I guess they figure there isn't enough foot traffic to support retail here? Still would have been nice to have at least designed the ground floor units for future conversion to commercial space in case the economics change in the future (e.g., if Bloor and Dundas becomes a major regional mobility hub).

Agreed. It makes sense to extend the vibrant retail strip of the Junction towards Bloor.

Don’t forget The Stockton and Pacific Condos as well!

Retail would be nice...but not sure the classic "nail salon at the bottom of a condo" look would really be ideal while everyone waits for the retail demand to catch up.

Looks like this project is being called, Junction Point condos:

1584159118896.png

Lovely render at least! Those angles are charming, gives it a sleek appearance. Nice texture in those angled brick facets adjacent to the windows. I know, it's only a render.

Back