Sept 10
36983599316_9d2b01fb29_b.jpg

36336593454_f2709defe1_b.jpg

36983600886_6c8e79daf6_b.jpg

36336594584_3e892831b3_b.jpg

36336591924_243d0455c3_b.jpg

36983597126_d5b6a10430_b.jpg

36359074173_aea4dfe813_b.jpg

Drum - your second last shot there, the close up: got any guesses as to what you've zeroed in on there exactly?

Drum - your second last shot there, the close up: got any guesses as to what you've zeroed in on there exactly?

Retaining wall for the RR. Not as thick as require by Metrolinx

Nov 3
More up on site

38133309582_dbb4d214d8_b.jpg

I've always felt those tall apartment towers from the 1970s in the background are full of character, despite architecture that recalls the generic slab towers of their era. It's the combination of unusually dark brick for the era with their height and imposing proportions. They look quite urban as background buildings.

I've always felt those tall apartment towers from the 1970s in the background are full of character, despite architecture that recalls the generic slab towers of their era. It's the combination of unusually dark brick for the era with their height and imposing proportions. They look quite urban as background buildings.
The properties around them, however, are for the most part poorly kept and virtually unused. The layout here is as bad as the worst tower-in-the-park districts anywhere. I don't want to remove all of the green here, but the area needs surgical additions of new multi-use density: get some mid-rise and low-rise added where possible amongst the towers. Islington Terrace is vastly improving the pedestrian link to the sidewalk along Islington (and making the walking connection to the subway better), but the sidewalk itself on Islington—perched above the road while both dive under the rail corridor—is narrow and unappealing. Any other improvements to the area should help pay for a new pedestrian connection to Islington Station (and any other new development that ends up on the station land) via a new tunnel under the tracks to the west of Islington Terrace. The connections would be a boon.

The properties around them, however, are for the most part poorly kept and virtually unused. The layout here is as bad as the worst tower-in-the-park districts anywhere. I don't want to remove all of the green here, but the area needs surgical additions of new multi-use density: get some mid-rise and low-rise added where possible amongst the towers. Islington Terrace is vastly improving the pedestrian link to the sidewalk along Islington (and making the walking connection to the subway better), but the sidewalk itself on Islington—perched above the road while both dive under the rail corridor—is narrow and unappealing. Any other improvements to the area should help pay for a new pedestrian connection to Islington Station (and any other new development that ends up on the station land) via a new tunnel under the tracks to the west of Islington Terrace. The connections would be a boon.

I agree. I never understood the logic behind building so much density and then shackling it with single-use zoning, narrow sidewalks, and pointless lawns and green spaces that no one uses. These streets need to evolve into more vibrant corridors. That will require some infill where the underutilized private green spaces currently exist, as well as better sidewalks and walkways.

Most of that green space has parking beneath it, I know because I live in one of the buildings.

The whole field behind 24 Mabelle is the roof of the parking garage. Pretty massive property.

https://www.tridel.com/blog/4th-floor-poured-islington-terrace/
January 2018 Construction Update

Since our last update, our on-site teams have completed the concrete pour of the ground floor up through the 3rd floor, and are now working on the 4th. Precast, the exterior skin of the building, is currently being fabricated, with installation expected to start this spring.

The Design Consultant team is in the process of finalizing all selections for the community having contacted all homeowners. Appointments are expected to be complete within the next couple of months.

Back