Toronto IQ Condos Phase 1 & Park Towers Phase 2 | 83.51m | 24s | Remington Group | Richmond Architects

Someday I can see this as an urban boulevard with the Queen LRT extended from the Humber loop all the way to Sherway. Lots of right-of-way for it, and it seems there'll be enough density to support it.

http://masterscondos.com/

6956629134_0594ab3e87_b.jpg

I was told by the salespeople that they are going to move right next to IQ on the east side.
Saves the trip all the way to the Food terminal.

Isn't there a Sobey's next to IQ already? The one in the Kipling-Queensway mall, its in the block just west of IQ. Are you saying this one is going to move into IQ or the one by the food terminal?

Interesting - I was hoping this would be a new project on the Queensway, but it's part of the IQ development. I'm guessing these taller towers will be built south of phase 1, close to the QEW.

Isn't there a Sobey's next to IQ already? The one in the Kipling-Queensway mall, its in the block just west of IQ. Are you saying this one is going to move into IQ or the one by the food terminal?
The Kipling-Queensway Mall location will close when the Kipling interchange with the Gardiner is rebuilt.

Sobey's at the Kipling mall will probably close and the new one will open on the land next to iq on the east side.

Remington Homes are negotiating with Sobeys to intensify the balance of the site with a Sobeys at grade within a mixed use building. Also Remingtom will shortly be filing a rezoning app to increase height and density on the southern portion of the site.

In other news......Remington hired Janet Rosenberg to design the new public park on site....the goal is to have an exceptional quality park as would be found downtown....the theme of the park is "ART" a place for performance and exhibition. Renderings will be posted soon.

Also discussions taking place with ARTSCAPE, Toronto Arts Foundation, and ARTS Etobicoke to provide gallery and studio space on site as developers SECTION 37 contribution. Hope to create an Arts hub on The Queensway. Also after 30 years of various efforts a "THE QUEENSWAY BIA" (Business Improvement Area) will be established by the city at the July 11 Council meeting. Close to 80% of businesses between Kipling and Royal York voted in favour of the BIA. Things are finally looking up for the transformation of the street.

Thought it was time for an update. Ambitious three-phase project with a great park in the middle.

Phase 1...right on the Queensway...east building almost topped off:

IMG_4546_zps9ba4166f.jpg

IMG_4545_zps73b111b4.jpg

West building on its way up:

IMG_4544_zps038c6b37.jpg

IMG_4543_zpsf4a2093c.jpg

Phase 2 will be located just behind Phase 1:

IMG_4537_zps228fdec0.jpg

IMG_4539_zps71da3cb2.jpg

IMG_4540_zps4130c643.jpg

Approx. location of the park to the right of the road...with Phase 3 in the distance; two proposed 49 storey buildings next to the Hwy:

IMG_4536_zpsb9a23e80.jpg

Last edited:

Back