Toronto IQ Condos Phase 1 & Park Towers Phase 2 | 83.51m | 24s | Remington Group | Richmond Architects

iqcondos.com website is also updated, showing new designs of condos...

thanks for that~

fca.jpg

source: http://iqcondos.com

I believe the project hasn't been shorten, the 20s+ highrises comes in phase 3 towards the south end of the site along Gardiner...

this rendering is only phase 1, which is the twin 12s towers fronting The Queensway

Another step towards making the Queensway in Etobicoke a grand, urban avenue. Bring it on!

This is my first posting as a new member. Peter Milczyn, I'm the City Councillor for Ward 5-Etobicoke Lakeshore.
The reasons for the delays in the IQ project were firstly because Remington has been trying to purchase the remaining properties on the block so that the redevelopment can be comprehensive. Secondly they had market concerns. I'm told they are no going to open the sales office shortly. They own all but one of the properties although that might change soon as well.
The development will have two mid-rise buildings on The Q, three taller towers towards the Gardiner. A new public park internal to the site (approx. 2.5 acres). All on public roads and no surface parking. The other part of the site belongs to Sobey's. They are to build a standard grocery store, however their parking field will be behind the store and not really visible from The Q.
I pressed the developers of Loggia to go "modern" they did and the result is great, Remington picked up the theme.
Finally Kipling Queensway Mall is owned by Conservatory Group, who are in the process of reviewing designs to spruce up the mall. They have no plans to demolish at this time. The IQ project will have a ten-year buildout so I imagine the mall stays as is (with some minor facade improvements) till 2020.

welcome to the forum, milczyn ward 5! looking forward to your input....

I just learned that Premier fitness is taking over the sportscheck in Queensway-kip mall. Does that now void the odds of the mall being knocked down?

ad in the new Condo Guide (Dec 4-Jan 1), page 147, same rendering and website as above, "coming soon, condos from the $190's"

edit: I think they are just calling this IQ Condo now....

Last edited:
Well I stumbled across this thread when I was researching this Condo.

Long story short, I have purchased a unit in the Condo back in April 2011 when the Sales centre opened. I also visited the groundbreaking ceremony they had back in October, and got my free sandwich appetizers.

I will attempt to post some photos as I drop by the neighborhood to check in on the construction progress as it comes.

Both of the below photos are taken through a view hole in the fence on the southwest corner of the first building, from Zorra St.

March 9th, 2012:

Toronto-20120309-00001.jpg by chris_hotwire, on Flickr

April 6th, 2012:

DSC00391.jpg by chris_hotwire, on Flickr

Now one thing I can't seem to figure out, is where they have submitted a site plan drawing and/or elevation for the piece immediately on the corner of Zorra and Queensway.

I saw them erecting the crane back on March 14 from the distance, while shooting a number of projects around Willowbrook and forgot what project it was at the time.
6848962778_e2164fe8d9_b.jpg

Groceries on Queensway

I am looking forward to the development of the IQ towers and can't wait to move in.
As for the Sobey's in the neighborhood. I was told by the salespeople that they are going to move right next to IQ on the east side.
Saves the trip all the way to the Food terminal.

Back