Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

I would have said the exact opposite. INDX feels big city and the stepped roof line is quite appealing. EY is a mostly formless (yet boxy) blob.

INDX's form, with its stepped roofline, is fits in nicely with its surroundings at least from afar. Up close, I find it less appealing with its bulkiness and cladding being front and centre.
I'm very impressed with EY's details, the cladding on the mullion sides, the fins, etc. But have always been underwhelmed by how the geometrically intriguing form blands-out from the north side, and what really should be the most impressive view of the building.

There's only one corner that is geometrically intriguing. To me, it gives a lopsided impression for the tower and doesn't compliment the heritage elements through its contrast. It envelopes it. The curtainwall choices do not really impress me either. Street level in particular is well below standard. Going to do fins for mullion caps than go full out like Pickard Chilton. There's the glass option of Devon or the intricate stainless steel of 300 North La Salle

Last edited:
Wednesday afternoon:
IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1565.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,877
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,083
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,888
  • IMG_1566.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,857
Me too, though I like INDX more, personally. As others have said, EY suffers from the fact that the north facade is too plain, which is a damn shame considering that that's its most important viewpoint. But I think INDX looks sleek, even though I can see others saying its a touch bulky.

Back