Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

V of E,
Where did you hear 20-25 cents on the dollar? Grrrr. I was hoping I'd get more like 50-60%.

No offence guys, but how could you invest money with Stinson? You should have consulted me first!

^since Stinson is moving to Hamilton (rumour) does that mean i'll be able to buy a hammerhome for 75% discount? (i hope so:)

Investor: start your own real estate thread where you discuss the smartest real estate investments in toronto from your pov! i'm curious what you think of certain developments, nabes etc.

Investor,

I didn't invest a dime? And that I'm not owed money because I have given them money?

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of the smashing profits those Israeli guys will be making on this (and other) buildings. Smashes the myth some post here that developers don't make any money and must increase ppsft to cover costs!

Can't wait until I have the funds to redevelop my properties....

more office towers good...

Office Towers really add more to the city in terms of wealth then a condo or anything like that...

Urbandreamer, you'd probably do well, but why not launch it from a sidewalk vending cart first, to keep the overhead down (and to avoid being displaced when your hypothetical Yonge St. property comes up for redevelopment)? :)

I usually find the quality of office towers to be a little higher caliber than residential developments, so with the office component, this tower will hopefully have an amazing design. My only concern is that if the lot in question is Stinson's than the chances of this being built are in question given the site's history.

^ I think that the biggest issue, the shadowing of NPS, had been addressed to the satisfaction of the City in Stinson's final design for Sapphire. As long as the new building does not significantly exceed its predecessor's envelope, it should be okay.

It would be ironic if the built design was similar to the final Sapphire design, but it would almost certainly be acceptable to the City -- if not to Harry Stinson, who might have a legitimate beef that the design was "stolen".

Bill

The likelihood of us seeing a design like the sphere on top Sapphire again in the near future is next to slim. What I find most perplexing about this proposal is the low price tag on the development. C$253 million seems low for a 55 storey office tower or did I read something wrong?

The sphere will not happen, but I was talking about the final design, with the angled top designed to reduce shadowing on NPS to a minimum.

Image from one of Cassius's old posts:

Final4-ColourLow.Cassius.Adams.jpg

Bill

Back