Toronto Imperial Plaza | 96.01m | 23s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

hmm, soil mediation...strange that they have a crane in there moving stuff around too...didn't know u needed a crane for such work, but cool, thanks for the info guys! :)

This is the location (image #1). It's between the two office building on the right of the image, not the black one further to the west.

It backs on to a cemetery (image #2), and is across the street from this stretch (image #3)

2078766635_8196f9fb11_o.jpg

2079555364_be95f055c0_o.jpg

2078766843_1e8d4d4aa3_o.jpg

You're right; passing by today, I felt it looked like an awfully deep excavation for soil mediation. So, wouldn't be surprised if some kind of office/townhouse infill is part of the equation...

I dunno about the rest of ya...but I have to admit that post-ROW St Clair between Avenue and Yonge actually looks quite handsome, even if those silly centre poles for the 512 clutter it up. West of Avenue is, sadly, a whole other story.

The clean up is to remove heating oil that leaked from an underground tank. Apparently it leaked for years.

One of my favourite buildings in the city. I'd love to have a south-facing unit here.

Looking for a little more info on what that new site might be, I stumbled on to this as a link on wikipedia. It's a sales brochure apparently. Nice overview of the building, from its construction to the mural in lobby.

http://www.crlnetwork.com/data/CRL0000012384.pdf

I was discussing this with someone today ... for the last few years I've been dreading the prospect of this being converted into a condo. But now that seems to be the case I'm having mixed emotions, but at the end of the day I keep reaching the same conclusion - it's very unlikely this will be leased in foreseeable future for a variety of reasons. It's possible a small firm requiring part of a floor might have interest, but for the the landlord that would cost a bundle, just for half a floor as I'm sure the building is indeed of a major renovation - probably just to meet new code. So for this to be pulled off, it would take a large tenant, maybe taking up half the building or more - and I just don't see this happening. So instead of letting it sit empty, and deteriorate - if the conversion is done right, maybe that's the best thing for the building.

But here's the odd part, check out this site from DTZ (they own it currently):
http://www.dtzbarnicke.com/Client/J...95d930a9c59fa2028525747b0064c270!OpenDocument

You'd think this would be taken down if it was sold already - there's two plots on this site, I wonder if this is maybe referring to the empty parking lot in the back?

Back