Toronto Hyatt Centric / The 203 Residences on Jarvis | 108.2m | 32s | Manga | Arcadis

This hotel cannot start soon enough. This area desperately needs an infusion of hotels, clubs, restaurants, shops, etc. to spruce up the vicinity. It's a shame that Moss Park, being great, is situated in a rough area. Hopefully hotels and condos will raise the prices of the area to become better.

Definitely agreed. I've gotta say, though, I was warned a lot about Moss Park being 'rough', but now that I live nearby, I'm impressed by how much it gets used. There's always baseball/football going on, and on a nice day the tennis courts are in use until after it gets dark.

Maybe that's a recent thing. I don't know.

Daily Commercial News

HOTEL
Proj: 9070681-8
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
WORKING DRAWINGS
Hampton Inn and Suites, 203 Jarvis St, Shuter St, M5B 2C1
$18,000,000 est

Start: June, 2010

Complete: March, 2011

Note: Working drawings are under review by the Owner. Owner is seeking City Council approvals for site plan and rezoning. Approvals are expected to be in place late 2009/early 2010. Owner expects project scope is subject to change based on the outcome of the approvals process. Completion of Working drawings and tender for Gen Cont will be set based on approvals and the Owner's decision to proceed early Summer, 2010. Further update Spring, 2010.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a 240 suite hotel with 3000 sq ft of ammenity space. This project will include three storeys of underground parking for 20 spaces that will be run by a valet parking service.

Scope: 14,500 m²; 20 storeys; 3 storeys below grade; 240 units; parking for 70 cars

Development: New

Category: Hotels, motels; Restaurants; Retail, wholesale services

First report Thu Sep 06, 2007. Last report Wed Feb 25, 2009.
This report Mon Sep 28, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=f3ad15355d0aab3b81093080296d0ce264fcb4e8&projectid=9070681&region=ontario

I am pleasantly surprised that another hotel is slated to start construction in this city - Manga/Hilton must be bullish about the future of tourism in town! After the aloft and element properties were cancelled I wasn't so sure we'd see any more built for a while. (Especially with the Templar Hotel about to flood the market with more rooms...)

Dont forget that the city is pushing hard to get HK hotels to build ASAP a hotel at the CNE grounds.

That's not the same at all, no one is going to visit Toronto ... for say the purpose of doing something downtown, and stay at the CNE hotel ... it's very location oriented with the many events that take place at the EX grounds.

203 Jarvis (Corner of Jarvis/Shuter)

I was looking online and I came across this.

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/203jarvis.htm

203jarvis_rendering_2.pdf

203jarvis_rendering_4.pdf

203jarvis_rendering_3.pdf

203jarvis_rendering_1.pdf

Any idea about it?

AFAIK, O2 is at the corner of Shuter and George. This is at the corner of Shuter and Jarvis, immediately west of O2. Am I wrong?

I believe you're right. There are two adjacent sites -- one the former site of Walnut Hall and the other a parking lot.

As far as I know, both projects are still moving forward.

Is the 20s Hampton Inn still in the works for the NE corner of Jarvis/Shuter, the last application status update was nearly a year ago which states "by-law enacted" not sure what that implies? There is nothing happening on the site.

O2 is adjacent to that lot @ Geroge/Shuter.

203 JARVIS ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District
Related Applications

OPA / Rezoning

This application proposes to redevelop the existing commercial surface parking lot at 203 Jarvis Street with a 20-storey hotel containing 261 guest rooms with a proposed building height of 61 metres (66 metres including mechanical penthouse) and a gross floor area of 14,702 square metres. The applicant proposes 69 vehicular parking spaces within three levels of underground parking accessed via a car elevator. The hotel would include limited grade-related retail such as a coffee shop or convenience store for public use with a total area of approximately 104 square metres.

Application Number 08 110771 STE 27 OZ Application Status By-law Enacted
Planner Name
Phone Number Teixeira, Alex
416-392-0481 Status Date Aug 27, 2010
Community Meeting Date Jul 9, 2008 7:00 Gabrielle-Roy Public School Date Received Feb 12, 2008
Statutory Meeting Date Aug 17, 2010 Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) 15,000

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) 0

Lot Size (sq m) 1,050

Proposed Residential Units 0

Proposed Storeys 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site Plan Approval

Proposed 20-storey hotel with 265 rooms & underground parking.

Application Number 08 110804 STE 27 SA Application Status Application Submitted
Planner Name
Phone Number Teixeira, Alex
416-392-0481 Status Date Feb 12, 2008
Community Meeting Date --- Date Received Feb 12, 2008
Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) ---

---

Last edited:

Back