Toronto Hyatt Centric / The 203 Residences on Jarvis | 108.2m | 32s | Manga | Arcadis

Oh, OK. I can see it – and appreciate your breaking it down – but it still feels like at least one too many gestures to me. Not sure if it's the walk-the-plank balconies or the mid-tower cantilever that's one toke over the line.
Fair enough! (And you made me laugh!)

Oh, OK. I can see it – and appreciate your breaking it down – but it still feels like at least one too many gestures to me. Not sure if it's the walk-the-plank balconies or the mid-tower cantilever that's one toke over the line.

For me, it's really just the orange cut-outs in the lower portion -- they seem a little tacked-on to me.

The colours, materials and shifting masses on this building remind me of something you’d see in Australia. Hopefully, whatever value engineering will be done to this tower maintains its playfullness while avoiding coming across tacky. It’s about time some fun and quirkiness was injected into condo architecture in this town.

Hyatt recently announced a bunch of new hotels in Toronto and one of them is a Hyatt Place on Jarvis Street set to open in 2021.. Anyone know if this could be it? If not, where on Jarvis would a new hotel be planned to open, or be potentially converted? Could the Holiday Inn Express or Ramada Inn convert?

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123839

If it is indeed this project, they will need to start construction soon..

2021 I could see being a renovation project. No way you could get a new hotel here for 2021.

Approved at LPAT.

Benefits:

i. a cash contribution of $1,000,000, allocated as follows:

a) $400,000 for local area streetscape and park improvements;

b) $‎300,000 for capital improvements in cultural, community and recreation city-owned facilities; and

c) $300,000 to improve new or existing affordable housing.

ii. a community benefits package/strategy that provides, as a minimum, using best efforts to the local hiring of construction workers and hotel workers; and

iii. the proposed hotel will provide union jobs and not function as a bed-and-breakfast establishment.

Hyatt recently announced a bunch of new hotels in Toronto and one of them is a Hyatt Place on Jarvis Street set to open in 2021.. Anyone know if this could be it? If not, where on Jarvis would a new hotel be planned to open, or be potentially converted? Could the Holiday Inn Express or Ramada Inn convert?

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123839

If it is indeed this project, they will need to start construction soon..

Better get digging.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.01.08 PM.png

It's a hodge podge in my view. No element connects with the any other. What is the point of those balconies? Are they even balconies? The top half looks like a game of kerPlunk. It's different alright but different doesn't = good.

It's like a line from a movie, You know movies. Like a B-Movie. Gangsters. Hoodlums. Ne'er-do-wells. Some bad guy unjustly besmirching the reputation of the Lenser family. But maybe the gangster is misunderstood. Maybe he has something. Maybe there's something behind his suggestion that if this is out of context somewhat, maybe it's time that the context be, uh, renovated. Maybe it's time for that sexy new beast to shake things up at this corner.

Green light? Telefilm Canada on board?

Back