Toronto Hyatt Centric / The 203 Residences on Jarvis | 108.2m | 32s | Manga | Arcadis

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=4010488&isCofASearch=false

203 JARVIS ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Proposed 35 storey mixed-use tower with 242 hotel suites and 227 residential units

By Page + Steele

203jarvis.JPG

Attachments

• 203jarvis.JPG
    203jarvis.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,829
Last edited by a moderator:
Not the worst thing they've ever done but that's hardly, hearty praise! How long before this gets neutered beyond recognition?

Attachments

• 203 Jarvis Street.JPG
    203 Jarvis Street.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 383
Not the worst thing they've ever done but that's hardly, hearty praise! How long before this gets neutered beyond recognition?

Given the slightly dog-breakfasty look, a little neutering might not be a bad thing. Like those side balconies - why? The weird, uneven diagonal supports - why?

AoD

I can't believe my eyes. Finally something out of this firm that isn't another greenish blueish hardly-even-designed monotonous pile! It's still a little rough around the edges (and the rendering does it no justice whatsoever) but it's still a much better concept than anything they've produced before.

Street level looks like a bunker. My guess the developer is trying to cram too much on this small property. The whole ground floor is probably from servicing the mixed use tower.

Reminds me of the rental tower on Bay I think by them.

I can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me, is half of the first section of the tower sitting on the podium, or overhanging the street below on the right most side? I don't mind having a dramatic overhanging section if that's the case.

Yes, the ground level is notched away on the east side of the building to provide a porte cochère… but there are three columns within that space which hold up the tower above that are not shown in the image above. Don't put overly much stock in all of the details of early, simple renderings!

^ I will try not to, but I often sway between hopeful optimist and disappointed pessimist on these boards in relation to the development process. Perhaps I have a bit of bipolar disorder in relation to the development and planning process of buildings in this city.

Thanks for the info!

I live in an apartment directly next to the proposed site and next to the Grand Hotel. Manga Hotels has as of last month purchased this row of Heritage townhouses so I feel like we will see an adjustment to the design once they incorporate the addition properties.

I live in an apartment directly next to the proposed site and next to the Grand Hotel. Manga Hotels has as of last month purchased this row of Heritage townhouses so I feel like we will see an adjustment to the design once they incorporate the addition properties.

Oh no! That's a really great row of fine townhouses.

Back