Toronto Hyatt Centric / The 203 Residences on Jarvis | 108.2m | 32s | Manga | Arcadis

A notice for the public meeting regarding this property just went up in my building. Im going to try and make it there.

Tuscani01 Did the public meeting happen? What results?

The proposed hotel is 20 stories. I think the tallest in the near vicinity is the Grand at 13 stories. I suppose the developer is ready to scale back if/when there is opposition.
The achitect's drawing appears to leave the Walnut Hall site free. I think it's important to go gradually from the residential scale adjacent to the proposed building on both sides of the block up to whatever the new building height is. Even 10 stories would be huge, but perhaps acceptable if the Walnut Hall site is eventually a lower building, say 4 or 5 stories.

How about rebuilding Walnut Hall? Nobody seems to have ever suggested that.

The proposed hotel is 20 stories. I think the tallest in the near vicinity is the Grand at 13 stories. I suppose the developer is ready to scale back if/when there is opposition.
The achitect's drawing appears to leave the Walnut Hall site free. I think it's important to go gradually from the residential scale adjacent to the proposed building on both sides of the block up to whatever the new building height is. Even 10 stories would be huge, but perhaps acceptable if the Walnut Hall site is eventually a lower building, say 4 or 5 stories.

The public meeting is on July 9th, 7-9pm at a school in the area. I forget the name, but Ill check up on it next time I walk by.

PS. The grand is 13 stories, but I dont think that reflects its actual height. My building is 11 stories and the Grand still soars over it. 20 stories might ruin my view from the rooftop... I think im turning into a nimby:S

The Grand is a converted office building (OPP Headquarters?) so its floor to floor height is indeed much higher than this propsed tower

This is a bit off-topic, but I was surprised to read (elsewhere) about how few hotel rooms per capita we have compared to other major N. American cities. The GTA apparently has about 35,000 hotel rooms, far far less than cities you wouldn't expect like Atlanta (which has more than double). I think Las Vegas has something like 130,000, which is absolutely mind-boggling.

The renders make this building look cheap. I don't like that colour brick for the podium either. It looks like shopping mall brick.

Hampton Inn is good addition to downtown Toronto since they don't have a lot of budget hotels downtown.

The renders make this building look cheap. I don't like that colour brick for the podium either. It looks like shopping mall brick.

That brick matches the brick on the townhomes next door. I think it will look good up against them.

This hotel cannot start soon enough. This area desperately needs an infusion of hotels, clubs, restaurants, shops, etc. to spruce up the vicinity. It's a shame that Moss Park, being great, is situated in a rough area. Hopefully hotels and condos will raise the prices of the area to become better.

Back