Toronto Hyatt Centric / The 203 Residences on Jarvis | 108.2m | 32s | Manga | Arcadis

I know, but if it was just a condo I wouldn't bat an eyelash, but a hotel....?
Hotels in the Jarvis corridor have come on gone over the years as I witnessed living in the area late 80s and early 90s - Best Western, Ramada, Hilton Garden Inn, the Grand etc. Stayed at the Grand many times. Hotels downtown are generally located from Yonge westward with very little options east from Yonge. We live in the east end and when friends visit from out of town they is nothing for them unless they go downtown. With the ongoing increase in development activity eastward there is an opportunity to fill improve the downtown hotel market as well - which has been stagnant for some time IMO.

July 4 from Brookfield Place:

620E0396-0E27-42B0-97F9-F5B0CFD4D018.jpeg

As The Well's cranes are taken down, the area west of Jarvis (particularly between Shuter and Queen) seems to be the new crane hotspot downtown.

As The Well's cranes are taken down, the area west of Jarvis (particularly between Shuter and Queen) seems to be the new crane hotspot downtown.
Looking at greg’s photo above, counting 88 queen east as three separate towers currently going up, I count cranes for seven new towers going up all within like 200 metres of each other.

Two "W"-shaped columns that will support the upper floors are hidden behind the remaining yellow scaffolding on the south side. Visible from certain angles, but very difficult to see in photographs. I'm looking forward to the removal of the scaffolding.

Back