Toronto Hyatt Centric / The 203 Residences on Jarvis | 108.2m | 32s | Manga | Arcadis

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
shakes head ... naw

application in for a 20 storey hotel with 265 units on the North East corner of Jarvis and Shuter.

shakes head again

I thought that was going to be the St. Mike's Hospital research building on that corner?

edit: my bad, that's at Victoria and Shuter

It's a research centre and a hotel.

You check in, but you never check out.

rather crappy area...

A hotel would re develop that area...

It would be a start. Not the most snazzy area, though - I'm guessing this is the North-East corner? -where Walnut Hall used to be, or next to it.
The new Salvation Army centre is at this intersection, as well as a detox a few doors north. The Armoury is at the other corner.
It'd better be pretty ritzy.

There are two similarly large hotels down the street...and the area is still kinda crappy.

This city doesn't need a W. We've got 1 Germain and another on the way, the Cosmo, the Pantages, the Hazelton, the Winsor Arms, 1 King West, plus the Thompson on Wellington assuming that gets built. Add to that the new Four Seasons, the Ritz, the Shangra La and there will be an enormous flood of high end hospitality suites on the market that this city has not shown an ability to absorb. It would be foolish, in my opinion, to attempt another trendy 4-star offering amidst that kind of hotel boom unless it was in a really stellar location.

We need one of every major hotel brand or we won't be world class. We still need Raffles, Mandarin Oriental, W, Sofitel, Embassy Suites, JW Marriot, Waldorf Astoria Collection, Luxury Collection, St.Regis, Conrad, Taj, Hotel Nikko, The Peninsula, and Grand Hyatt. :)

This city doesn't need a W. We've got 1 Germain and another on the way, the Cosmo, the Pantages, the Hazelton, the Winsor Arms, 1 King West, plus the Thompson on Wellington assuming that gets built. Add to that the new Four Seasons, the Ritz, the Shangra La and there will be an enormous flood of high end hospitality suites on the market that this city has not shown an ability to absorb. It would be foolish, in my opinion, to attempt another trendy 4-star offering amidst that kind of hotel boom unless it was in a really stellar location.

Well thank the gods that we don't have to worry about you and any of your hospitality intentions.

Agreed that it is a wee bit of a daggy location.

La Quinta? Red Roof Inn?

I was trying to keep it a little more upscale than US Interstate brands.

The mayor was proud to kick off the next phase of the Waterfront with a new Super 8 Motel. The mayor and a number of councilors were on hard for the asphalt shoveling ceremony. Rob Ford states "finally an attraction for normal people and not Shangri-La or Madarin Oriental because the asians are already taking over far too much". Doug Holyday responded that he was working on renaming Queens Quay to Super 8 Motel Road in exchange for a $5 million dollar payment.

Back