Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

He was calling trans folks "those people"... HRT as in hormone replacement therapy is also a common way folks choose to medically transition to their preferred gender.
It might be used for that - but I bet there's more cases of it being used as postmenopausal. I'm surprised one would leap to that one.

But hang on ... could this make my hair grow back? Either way, we are WAY off-topic ...

Bit of sloppiness by the reporter here:

"We’ll build dozens of new transit projects across the province – funding lines and stations that will improve people’s lives and make it easier to use transit, including: extend(ing) the Hurontario LRT to downtown Brampton and restor(ing) the downtown loop as the line was originally planned,” the Liberal platform says.

(Emphasis added)

The line "We’ll build dozens of new transit projects across the province – funding lines and stations that will improve people’s lives and make it easier to use transit, including:" is from the OLP platform.

The line "extend(ing) the Hurontario LRT to downtown Brampton and restor(ing) the downtown loop as the line was originally planned," is from the ONDP platform.

Screenshots

OLP:

Screenshot_2022-05-29_093001.jpg

ONDP:
Screenshot_2022-05-29_092942.jpg

Last edited:
May 29th
Looking south at the QEW
DJI_0214.JPG

At the QEW looking North

DJI_0217.JPG

QEW Westbound off ramp area
DJI_0219.JPG

Construction is underway for the guideway between Matheson and Britannia

Shot some of the guideway today and some head scathing. Matheson to Britannia is dug out as one lane at intersections and 2 between the intersection. Then one end has 3 cassone with rebar frame sticking up 2-4 feet to support the OS poles with others rebar frames laying on the ground. Drilling and placing the rebar frames taking place between Trader and Britannia.

From Courtneypark to south of Derry Rd, the whole centre lane has been removed. Odd one area seeing the centre remove while another seeing something else.

Most of the curb from Derry Rd to south of Top Flight is pour to allow the paving of the northbound lanes.

Still nothing in Brampton.

This weekend, bus platforms for eastbound stops are being shift to the east side of the terminal. I expect it has to due to the removal of the platforms on the west side as well move then to be in front of the shelters since ail of the road has been pave.

Most of Rathburn has been repaved except in front of the terminal as well a section west of City Centre.

The pier support on the south side still waiting to be form to allow the pouring for the concrete for it. They have removed the cover over the north pier that you can see the rebar for it and not the same as the south one. It will be a post type a long the line as the other that are to be built.

A lot more work taking place on Hurontario now and well before the strike that had no effect on the corridor..

No idea when photos will be up as I have a back log of 1500 going back to May 13, with a small amount of May 13th to be finish tonight. Been lack a daisy doing photos these days.

Sq One bus terminal is close this weekend to allow work across the driveways as well in front of the express bus shelters. This is the last area to be pave for the terminal area.

Most of the track support for the push box move is now next to the south platform at the east end. You can see the steel ties with large bolts on them as well. There is still some material where they were store still to be move as they are starting to work on it for the new road for it.

The east bridge beams are in place over the creek and being form to allow the deck to be pour. Come fall, parking will return to the south side of the creek. Some of the creek wall is form for concrete to be pour on the curb.

At this point, I cannot see the push box being ready for the QEW that is supposed to be move into position on Thanksgiving weekend. Will not be surprised to see it move to a long weekend in the spring.

Last edited:
Happened to take a flight this morning from the parking lot when leaving work at high noon. You can see what @drum118 was referring to about the PC Go push box in his post above.

DJI_0349.JPG

DJI_0350.JPG

North of PC Go - looking south
DJI_0346.JPG

Looking North
DJI_0352.JPG

DJI_0354.JPG

I read that as the "Hazel McCallion maintenance and storage facility" the first time.

That’s where she gets her weekly longevity treatments. When she’s got a $150,000/year gig from the Ford government, and money coming in from Riviera 36 years after retirement age, you just don’t want to give up that gravy train.

Back