Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should just call this HRT which covers both Hazel and Hurontario and then the court of public opinion will decide what the acronym actually stands for.

I’m still hoping for a huge hazel scandal being released before this LRT comes to fruition which will kill this silly name. (It’s silly because every dang thing in Mississauga is named after hazel as of no other person has ever lived here or mattered)

Call it the Hazel Line and those who don't like it can pretend it's named after a colour (or tree).

Grooved track. That's new in the golden horseshoe, isn't it?
No.

TTC has grove rail on curb and switches and used to have it on the mainline. Since there is no one in NA producing grove rail anymore, T rail became standard as well being costly to import.

If you look closely, even the ties are more Europe standard, but it been found on a few NA system. Saw this type for the first time in Berlin and saw it in a few other place.

Ugh. I cringe whenever I see that woman's name in relation to this transit project. I refuse to acknowledge it.
You can lipstick things as much as you want, but at the end of the day it still the same thing. Hazel line will still be the Hurontario line like miWay is Mississauga Transit.

Don't support the line name Hazel and better off as HRT/Line X/Hurontario or ?.

Hazel started to became a pro transit supporter in 2005 and more so at the end and after leaving office. She will still be the mayor of urban sprawl and free tax rides.

You can lipstick things as much as you want, but at the end of the day it still the same thing. Hazel line will still be the Hurontario line like miWay is Mississauga Transit.

Although Miway sounds better than boring "Mississauga Transit", but an initialism (e.g. TTC, HSR) would be the best

I actually kind of like names like Miway over initialisms. Miway is two syllables, vs three. HSR is also anachronistic (not not anymore, soon). I have initialism fatigue though. Work is just constant initialisms...

It's also silly because unlike the erratic Ontario Line, this line follows one street.
The Ontario line would be a less silly name if it left Toronto. As a Mississaugian I will gladly volunteer to let a station come here for it to be less silly.

Last edited:
The Ontario line would be a less silly name if it left Toronto. As a Mississaugian I will gladly volunteer to let a station come here for it to be less silly.

"Ontario" refers to the Government of Ontario, and like the Canada Line, it's to remind you who ('s money) made the line possible. He'd call it the "Doug Ford Line" if he could.

"Ontario" refers to the Government of Ontario, and like the Canada Line, it's to remind you who ('s money) made the line possible. He'd call it the "Doug Ford Line" if he could.
I don’t see why he can’t call it the Doug line if we are calling the hurontario line the hazel line. Either way ontario is a silly name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back