Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Absolute waste of money to build a useless TOY TRAIN. For those local transit users, we know that the Mississauga transit is excellent...
So that they don't get in the way with the kids in their hot wheels?

1C6411531-tdy-130311-toy-car.jpg
From link.

Hello, @Alamrinsemog! Could you elaborate on your statement please? Tell us why you think it's useless? Explain what aspect of Mississauga's transit is "excellent"?
I'm a walker/public transit user. I don't drive and don't intend to. Our Mississauga transit takes me from north to south and east to west. This toy train is going to be taking me from south Mississauga to Brampton I.e., hurontario street. For all the inconvenience I'm being put through living ON hurontario, it's definitely NOT worth the aggravation. For the money being WASTED, more buses could have been bought.

I'm a walker/public transit user. I don't drive and don't intend to. Our Mississauga transit takes me from north to south and east to west. This toy train is going to be taking me from south Mississauga to Brampton I.e., hurontario street. For all the inconvenience I'm being put through living ON hurontario, it's definitely NOT worth the aggravation. For the money being WASTED, more buses could have been bought.
Guess you'll be the one, and only one, to use the local parallel buses on Hurontario. The bad news, the headways will be reduced (IE. 15 minutes?).

This will be a fun post to come back to once the LRT is open.

While I share your frustration with the inconvenience of Hurontario being constantly worked on, I think the LRT is a good thing.

I've lived in a European city with a proper streetcar network, and rail is simply better, Especially on a dedicated ROW. Buses are literally the bare minimum of public transit. We can do better. Streetcars are faster, carry more people, and though I can't quite put my finger on why, they somehow feel more comfortable than a bus, even when the furnishings like seats are technically the same.

Besides the practical aspect, I think the LRT has a good chance of making public transit more appealing, convincing more people to leave their cars, and some day, I hope, the network will expand beyond just the one line.

More buses that would have been struck in traffic wasting fuel. That has to be noted given you claim to be concerned about "waste".

Like you, I use transit 100% to get around Mississauga that is a bitch. I have no issue with Hurontario construction as it is a fact of life to fix Infrastructure regardless where it is, Same for other cities around me, Only use a car when going out of town .
As noted by others, come back in 2030 and tells us it still the same for you as it is today, but you will be singing a different tune.

Ask TTC or any large system as what impact traffic has on transit especially the headway. They will say that throwing extra buses to a route to maintain the existing headway while the bus runtime increase to the point you are adding bus after bus and reducing the cost ratio is a waste of money that headways become longer. Only have to look at TTC 501 to see the increase of headway and lower cost ratio cause by traffic.

My recommendation to council in 2003 was either an LRT or an elevated system for Hurontario with the LRT being the prefer choice due lower cost and faster construction time. I call for ridership to around 100,000 by 2040 at the time based on redevelopment of Hurontario St and within walking distance of it. We are seeing the redevelopment now with all the Eglinton Ave location and some south of Burnhamthrope.

Don't support the off route running like 2 and 17 do today as well the old 19. Will use the 15-20 minute bus to bypass Sq One if it stays on route when I have to go to the north.

Anyway, lot more tracks in the Cooksville storage yard that is now that the pile of single rail to the east is now on top of the west pile with pile of 3 pack rail taking over that area. The 3 pack pile to the west is a lot taller than before with another loaded trailer sitting on Hurontario waiting to get into the area today.

Asphalt was been place south of Dundas where infrastructure was installed.

A number of bus stops out of service as well relocated caused by infrastructure work.

No GO service for Port Credit and to Union starting Friday night to Sunday Morning.

Back