Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The MSF from the 407, December 17th:

8FFD6A6F-8DBB-45A3-88DF-8FDBF2E622BE.jpeg
084886A6-1B57-4CE4-8DFD-BE789DAB601C.jpeg
8C039997-8490-417C-8B29-6A5346298F0B.jpeg
994ECFCB-0B5C-4264-BACF-321B0BD95ED8.jpeg

Lost opportunity to build a pedestrian / cyclist bridge over the 403.
Gee!!!..................I walk over Hurontario bridge with no issues. There is no cycling lanes on Hurontario at this time and no need for a separated bridge. MTO is calling the shots what goes over the 403 highway and a separated bridge not in the cards at this time

Lakeshore West – Some evening service replaced by bus service throughout January
61d0dd0c4879cc3dbc5e2710.jpg
Lakeshore West customers: There will be temporary service changes to Lakeshore West train service after 9:30 p.m. on January 6, January 13 and January 18-21 and all day on Saturday, January 8. These scheduled impacts are designed to minimize disruptions to daytime and peak service. There will be no train service between Union Station and Oakville GO during these impacts. We’re carrying out important work related to the construction of the Hurontario LRT which can only take place when trains are not running.

Here is what you need to know for January 6, 13 and 18-21:

Eastbound:

- The last eastbound train departing West Harbour at 9:58 p.m. will terminate at Oakville GO at 10:33 p.m.
- Replacement bus service will depart from Oakville GO at 10:41 p.m. and 10:46 p.m. to Clarkson GO, Port Credit GO and arrive at Union Station Bus Terminal at 11:31 p.m. and 11:36 p.m.
- Buses will not stop at Long Branch, Mimico or Exhibition GO stations.

Westbound
:
- The 8:45 p.m. Union Station – 10:03 p.m. West Harbour GO train is the last westbound train to make all stops to West Harbour GO.
- Trains departing at 9:45 p.m., 10:45 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. will not service Union Station – Clarkson GO. Trains will depart at Oakville GO at XX:25 on the hour.
- Replacement bus service will run at regular hourly intervals departing from Union Station Bus Terminal to Port Credit, Clarkson and Oakville GO beginning at 9:15 p.m. until end of service.
- Trains departing at XX:15 on the hour to Exhibition GO will still run as normal.
- Buses will not stop at Long Branch, Mimico or Exhibition GO stations.

Here's what you need to know for Saturday, January 8:

Eastbound:
- Replacement bus service will run at regular hourly intervals (between 1-4 buses) departing from Oakville GO to Clarkson GO, Port Credit GO and Union Station Bus Terminal beginning at 5:56 a.m. until end of service.
- All buses will depart Oakville GO, stop at Clarkson and Port Credit GO before going express to Union Station Bus Terminal. Buses will not stop at Long Branch, Mimico or Exhibition GO stations.
Westbound:

- Replacement bus service will run at regular hourly intervals (between 1-4 buses) departing from Union Station Bus Terminal to Port Credit, Clarkson and Oakville GO beginning at 6:30 a.m. until end of service.
- All buses will depart Union Station Bus Terminal and stop at Port Credit, Clarkson and Oakville GO. Buses will not stop at Exhibition, Mimico or Long Branch GO stations.

Replacement buses will be available at Oakville, Clarkson and Port Credit GO to get you to Union Station Bus Terminal and back home again, directly from your GO station’s bus loop. Replacement buses will not service Exhibition, Mimico, and Long Branch GO stations during the service adjustment. If you’re travelling from these GO stations, you have the following options:
- From Long Branch GO:
Take TTC 501 Queen streetcar to Osgoode Station and transfer to TTC Line 1 to Union Station. Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- From Mimico GO: Take TTC bus route 76 Royal York to Royal York Station and transfer to TTC Line 2 to St. George and TTC Line 1 to Union Station. Total time: 1 hour.
- From Exhibition GO: Take TTC 509 streetcar to Union Station. Total time: 26 minutes.

For more information and to see schedules, visit
gotransit.com or use triplinx.ca to plan your trip. Stay in the know by signing up for our On the GO email or text alerts. You can also follow the Lakeshore West line on Twitter @GOtransitLW.

PRESTO machines will be available for you to use at Oakville, Clarkson and Port Credit GO bus loops and Union Station Bus Terminal.

- Tap on the device near your station bus loop or Union Station Bus Terminal when boarding and exiting replacement buses.
- Customers with default trips on their PRESTO Card will need to override their default by pressing the "Override" button on the PRESTO device, then tap your card as you normally would.

Pay before you board with these easy options:

- Buy your GO Transit tickets online to enjoy the ease and convenience of a GO Transit e-ticket or take advantage of one of the GO Transit Weekend Pass options.
- Ticket vending machines are available at stations to purchase a paper ticket.
- Mobile users – whether you have an Android or an iPhone – can instantly load funds and passes onto your PRESTO card.

These service changes allow us to carry out important construction work to expand your transit network and get you where you need to go.
- The pushbox installation is a significant milestone in the completion of the Hurontario LRT construction.
- This construction work can only be completed when trains are not running in the construction area.

For complete details click here

Jan 2
Based on what I saw today, The Tunnel Section At Port Credit will not be move this month.

Cannot tell if the roof has been pour or not, but the equipment to top it is there and cover up.

They are still digging the trench for the hydrology system to push the Tunnel Section, with the beams store on the grass area on the north side of the parking lot. Very small crew on site today.

Going out on the limb, the 2 line closures for this month is to remove the earth embankment on both side of the corridor to prepare the area to have less earth to push through. Also getting ready to start work on the Mary Fix Creek rebuilt project that is in the way of the LRT line.

The Drone folks will get a better shot of the area than I could get today.
51799502322_1907d124cd_b.jpg

51800813989_44491c166c_b.jpg

51800569353_437437241e_b.jpg

51799500582_76670bdc34_b.jpg

51801178085_9581e799f5_b.jpg

51800812349_813432c220_b.jpg

51800567463_978ffd60b7_b.jpg

51800445746_d8935145d2_b.jpg

51801177785_c24b02d4fb_b.jpg

51800567118_0b5207707f_b.jpg

51800445246_999c256ee5_b.jpg

51799499607_08b73e7bfa_b.jpg

51800445026_de87240bbc_b.jpg

51800444711_efa4e5dee6_b.jpg

51800810909_44014af084_b.jpg

I still can’t believe this thing isn’t ending at lakeshore. I mean as a Torontonian it was very annoying living in the suburbs and trying to get to the lake via Yonge. But at least they had a street car to get you the last leg. And here we are for Brampton and Mississauga residents who only have access to transit will have to walk the last little bit. It’s almost like the lakeshore people don’t want the lrt transit people too close. Kind of like how bayview village mall refused to build a subway to mall entrance because god forbid transit users have easy access to their fancy mall. I can’t say I hate this project but the one place I want to get to I can’t. Which makes this whole damn thing annoying. Actually I can’t get to the rose theatre either. Ugh.

It's 230metres from the foot of 10 and lakeshore. Effectively, the thing does end at Lakeshore.

I still can’t believe this thing isn’t ending at lakeshore.

If they added a stop at LakeShore while keeping Port Credit station, people on Urban Toronto would complain about stops being too close together and how it isn't rapid transit because of that.

That said, given the future density of the area, the business case for a ~3 stop surface extension westbound on LakeShore to Mississauga Road or Benson Ave seems fairly strong; at least as strong as proposed Brampton extensions.

Last edited:
It's 230metres from the foot of 10 and lakeshore. Effectively, the thing does end at Lakeshore.
If it is so close which I agree it is then it should have had an extra stop or a extra long underground platform. Either way this is far from ideal.

I still can’t believe this thing isn’t ending at lakeshore. I mean as a Torontonian it was very annoying living in the suburbs and trying to get to the lake via Yonge. But at least they had a street car to get you the last leg. And here we are for Brampton and Mississauga residents who only have access to transit will have to walk the last little bit. It’s almost like the lakeshore people don’t want the lrt transit people too close. Kind of like how bayview village mall refused to build a subway to mall entrance because god forbid transit users have easy access to their fancy mall. I can’t say I hate this project but the one place I want to get to I can’t. Which makes this whole damn thing annoying. Actually I can’t get to the rose theatre either. Ugh.
Brampton has a ton of Zum routes that are extremely frequent and useful.

I still can’t believe this thing isn’t ending at lakeshore. I mean as a Torontonian it was very annoying living in the suburbs and trying to get to the lake via Yonge. But at least they had a street car to get you the last leg. And here we are for Brampton and Mississauga residents who only have access to transit will have to walk the last little bit. It’s almost like the lakeshore people don’t want the lrt transit people too close.

Actually, that is what happened. There was going to be one more stop in Port Credit on Port Street East, one block south of Lakeshore.

Before Brampton narrowly rejected the Main Street section (to appease old rich white guys) Mississauga cut the LRT back to Port Credit GO to appease NIMBYs there.

Back