Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I wonder if they know that buses along Hurontario will still be running when the LRT is operational. and that the LRT will be a separate fare from Miway.

I wonder if they know that buses along Hurontario will still be running when the LRT is operational. and that the LRT will be a separate fare from Miway.
The fare structure for the Hurontario LRT is still up in the air. Phil Verster specifically responded to a question about this at the February Town Hall and how the fare for the LRT will depend on how Mississauga and Brampton decide to structure it. Just because it will not be run by MiWay or Brampton Transit, doesn't mean the external operator gets to decide the fare structure.

The fare structure for the Hurontario LRT is still up in the air. Phil Verster specifically responded to a question about this at the February Town Hall and how the fare for the LRT will depend on how Mississauga and Brampton decide to structure it. Just because it will not be run by MiWay or Brampton Transit, doesn't mean the external operator gets to decide the fare structure.
People are saying the same thing about the crosstown line because it says it's undetermined on the crosstown website.

People are saying the same thing about the crosstown line because it says it's undetermined on the crosstown website.
TTC is operating it and would have cover any over cost the P3 needs to maintain the system and make a profit.

Mississauga will receive a budget cost from the P3 each year and it will be added to the yearly budget for transit, with the city picking up the bulk of it so its not past onto transit riders 10 cent yearly fare increase.

That Kingsbridge stop simply can't happen due to the close proximity of the Highway 403 exits

TTC is operating it and would have cover any over cost the P3 needs to maintain the system and make a profit.
I'm aware of that but a lot of the general public doesn't seem to be. They think because the TTC isn't owning and building it that there will be a different fare and it will cost more to use.

These will seem like two naïve questions, but here goes anyway.

I moved to the Hurontario corridor three years ago and support the LRT. I also like the idea of a Kingsbridge stop. But, from what I have read here, that seems unlikely because of the 403.

I read that Doug Ford and Premier Wynne promise to support the LRT. Not sure about the NDP.

1 ) Which party would you say is most likely to follow through on their promise and get it done?

2 ) Also, just to confirm, is the Eglinton stop on the north or south side? I believe it will be on the north side, but wanted to check.

Thanks!

There is a blackout related to all Metrolinx projects until June 8 due to the election. No word if this will happen for Oct election at this time.

Construction to start 2019, with line open late 2022. There is a change it could go into 2023.

Kingsbridge still a hot topic, but Metrolinx is refusing to look at a station there and only basing the walking distance of the towers there, not the side street nor across transit route. There is a debate if a transform station is to be built in this area on the east side or not.

19 will run every 10-15 after the line opens to service current stops not service by the LRT.

There is to be a business bus trip to KW to have a look at their system as well talk to business owners as to what problems they had with the building of the line.

Major construction this fall around Sq One, on Hurontario, Burnhamthorp for Enbridge Gas and other companies after all the waterline work is done.

All major events will see an Metrolinx tent to deal with the LRT, Presto, GO Transit and other things.

There are 4 options approved by MTO as to how the LRT will get over the 403 as well connect to Rathburn and Hurontario. It will be up to the builder to use the best one for them.

Provision will be made to allow for a 4 track bridge over Hurontario for the Milton line, with a gap between it and the plan new walkway bridge.

Offices setup at Dundas and Hurontario as well by the Brampton Court House to ask questions related to the line.

A team is going door to door of all business along Hurontario twice a year to keep them up to date as what happening.

A monthly news letter is to come out for all things taking place along the line as well construction and you have the choice of what you want to follow.

All land owners along the corridor will be advised to have a look where their property line is and to make sure anything belonging to them are on their side including sprinklers, otherwise, they will have to be remove.

Back