Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Why north when the existing bridge already has space for two tracks on the south?
I am assuming the the existing southside will remain as is since it will require a full rebuilt as well moving the tracks closer to the existing buildings which breaks ML own 30m rule without a crash wall.

Most of all, a south side line new bridge over the Credit River will hide the historical bridge like the north side was with great up roar from everyone including me. The existing south platform would have to become a centre platform

Easy to build a side platform on the north side as well a 4th track bridge over the Creek River.

On top of that, you have to look at the corridor between PC and Oakville with the track being built on the north side a lot easier as well to Long Branch

I am assuming the the existing southside will remain as is since it will require a full rebuilt as well moving the tracks closer to the existing buildings which breaks ML own 30m rule without a crash wall.

Most of all, a south side line new bridge over the Credit River will hide the historical bridge like the north side was with great up roar from everyone including me. The existing south platform would have to become a centre platform

Easy to build a side platform on the north side as well a 4th track bridge over the Creek River.

On top of that, you have to look at the corridor between PC and Oakville with the track being built on the north side a lot easier as well to Long Branch
Metrolinx's plans are for the 4th track on the south side at Port Credit. A new bridge would be built to the south of the original structure.

If you look east along the tracks to the east from the platform, you'll notice a jog where the tracks shift to the south. This is from the original triple-tracking project in the 1960s - the additional track was built on the south side of the corridor to the east of this point, but it was found to be easier to build it to the north at Port Credit Station. The fourth track would be built to the north east of this jog, with a shift to the south through the curve over Etobicoke Creek.

Dan

I'm just looking at the existing bridges heading east from PC. The one over Hurontario has space for two tracks on the south. Then the one over Cooksville Creek has space for one on the south. Then the one over Cawthra has space for one on the north.

Building bridges is expensive so the logical path is to use the existing infrastructure wherever possible.

Metrolinx's plans are for the 4th track on the south side at Port Credit. A new bridge would be built to the south of the original structure.

If you look east along the tracks to the east from the platform, you'll notice a jog where the tracks shift to the south. This is from the original triple-tracking project in the 1960s - the additional track was built on the south side of the corridor to the east of this point, but it was found to be easier to build it to the north at Port Credit Station. The fourth track would be built to the north east of this jog, with a shift to the south through the curve over Etobicoke Creek.

Dan
That is very true, but unless ML plans to built an identical bridge to match the existing one, it DOA for the South 4th.track. It will be the same mess as the QEW bridges that are younger than the PC bridge. The other option which is very costly is to move the 1 or 2 existing bridge to the south and place a new bridge where the old one was.

I watched this addition of the the 3rd bridge as well had a looked at the existing structure and it look then that the existing bridges could be moved. Potos and videos before, burning construction and after are on line.

If one looked at the original EA plan for the corridor, it show 2 options for the tracks for the station as well plans since then, that there was a south track for the station and before ML 30m setback requirements or crash wall.. The existing south platform would become a centre platform.

The southside from Long Branch to Oakville is the best location for the 4th track even with the yard tracks at Clarkson. You have a fair number of homes between PC and Clarkson that are almost right up to the edge of the corridor that will have to be expropriated or with the sound wall right next to them. It will be the same noise, ground vibration folks complaining about that 4th like the 3rd one and none of them are older than the RR corridor in the first place, Got to blame the townships for allowing the homes to be built so close to the corridor in the first place as well Mississauga after it came into existing 50 years ago.

Got to blame the townships for allowing the homes to be built so close to the corridor in the first place as well Mississauga after it came into existing 50 years ago.

This area likely wasn't expected to get as busy as it has. And being in a township, they didn't do things the way cities did. Look at all the sidestreet crossings through Lakeview for instance.

This area likely wasn't expected to get as busy as it has. And being in a township, they didn't do things the way cities did. Look at all the sidestreet crossings through Lakeview for instance.
Some of these streets (such as Haig Blvd) date back to periods just after W.W. I. Others i.e. Ogden, were earlier, perhaps before 1900. Their planning foresight most likely did not envision what the city would look like in 100 years, and I‘m not sure we will either.
This area likely wasn't expected to get as busy as it has. And being in a township, they didn't do things the way cities did. Look at all the sidestreet crossings through Lakeview for instance

That is very true, but unless ML plans to built an identical bridge to match the existing one, it DOA for the South 4th.track. It will be the same mess as the QEW bridges that are younger than the PC bridge. The other option which is very costly is to move the 1 or 2 existing bridge to the south and place a new bridge where the old one was.
I'm not sure why you think that. I'm pretty sure that the guys involved in making those decisions have a lot more experience and information at hand to make them than any of us here.

I watched this addition of the the 3rd bridge as well had a looked at the existing structure and it look then that the existing bridges could be moved. Potos and videos before, burning construction and after are on line.
Moving existing structures is hugely expensive and problematic. It is avoided at all costs.

If one looked at the original EA plan for the corridor, it show 2 options for the tracks for the station as well plans since then, that there was a south track for the station and before ML 30m setback requirements or crash wall.. The existing south platform would become a centre platform.
A crash wall would be the least of their concerns if they're already building a 4th track on the south side.

The southside from Long Branch to Oakville is the best location for the 4th track even with the yard tracks at Clarkson. You have a fair number of homes between PC and Clarkson that are almost right up to the edge of the corridor that will have to be expropriated or with the sound wall right next to them. It will be the same noise, ground vibration folks complaining about that 4th like the 3rd one and none of them are older than the RR corridor in the first place, Got to blame the townships for allowing the homes to be built so close to the corridor in the first place as well Mississauga after it came into existing 50 years ago.
The location of the homes adjacent to the tracks has extremely little bearing on where the best place for the additional tracks will be added.

The amount of earthworks required to be filled in, or cuttings to the widened, or bridges to be added, or culverts to be extended all have way, way more weight in making those decisions. And so, what's likely is that the additional track will be added to the north in some locations, and to the south in others.

Dan

Today from LSW:

IMG_1755.jpeg

IMG_1756.jpeg

IMG_1757.jpeg

Mississauga is considering having the Downtown Loop run along Confederation Parkway rather than Duke of York Boulevard to capture more riders from future development.

New rendering showcasing the multi-use path at Mineola Station:
Mineola.jpeg

There will a virtual open house on Thursday, June 15th at 7pm.

Mississauga is considering having the Downtown Loop run along Confederation Parkway rather than Duke of York Boulevard to capture more riders from future development.

New rendering showcasing the multi-use path at Mineola Station:
View attachment 484227

There will a virtual open house on Thursday, June 15th at 7pm.
Oh!! that's a great Idea, but only add extra travel time for those who want to bypass the area to get to/from Cooksville GO Station and home at the Eglinton area or those going to/from Dundas to the industry area north of the 401.

I guess Bonney will come up with the extra cost to build this loop once she replaces Ford in the 2026 election

Better still, why not take the Loop to Erindale GO Station!!

We can't have bike lanes on the road as they are dangerous dealing with a 7 lane road any they must ride on the sidewalk area requiring riders to get off their bikes to cross the street.

Oh!! that's a great Idea, but only add extra travel time for those who want to bypass the area to get to/from Cooksville GO Station and home at the Eglinton area or those going to/from Dundas to the industry area north of the 401.

I guess Bonney will come up with the extra cost to build this loop once she replaces Ford in the 2026 election

Better still, why not take the Loop to Erindale GO Station!!

We can't have bike lanes on the road as they are dangerous dealing with a 7 lane road any they must ride on the sidewalk area requiring riders to get off their bikes to cross the street.
Why can’t some of the lrts go around the loop while the others go straight up and down hurontario.

Back