Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Brief reference to the LRT.

"The redevelopment isn’t the only big change planned for downtown as the province announced plans to kickstart the Hurontario LRT project with an extension into Brampton just blocks from the demolition site."

Staff within BT have zero confidence of the LRT extension to downtown being completed before 2030, there is simply too much work to be done.
At the rate Brampton is tearing heritage buildings down especially in the downtown area, it will out strip Toronto.

Given the fact that Brampton wants to gut the downtown, the start of any LRT work will depend on when the area is torn down and most likely the removal of the existing channel around 2027.

If the surface route is to happen, work can start at Steeles in 2027 and work toward the north and be done by 2029 depending on the DT work. It can open in phases with the section south of the creek being Phase 1.

Doing the tunneling route will be done by 2031 depending on what has to be relocated in the DT area first before the tunneling can start.

Start date depends on the timeframe to gut the DT area along relocating service. At the same time is the timeframe for building the 3rd track along with the new platforms and bus terminal. If the LRT station is to be on the south side of the rail corridor in place of the north side, it will have less impact by the track and station work. At the same time, the EA must be updated.

IF BT thinks 2030 is not a good date, the 2035 most likely be a good date for them. Sad to see this line being delayed longer than it should because of the Council original refusal to have a surface line in the first place.

At the end of the day, when work may start depends on ML as to when they want to go to the market for the extension or how to deal with Mobilinx contract extension for maintaining the line.

Yes my views

Great Timing

Got a notice for Elm Dr closure and it's a full closure Starting April 8 to May 5, though the notice said partly closure. Today is April 10

The bus service is a really screwy one. 3 and 8 going to Sq One will go north from Elm to normal routing which I was expecting to a point. Routes 3 & 8 will return by Kariya Dr, go west on Elm Dr to Joan Dr, south to Central Parkway, east to Hurontario St, North to Elm Dr and then Mississauga Valley normal routing. The return wasn't what I expected and adding extra travel time at least 5-10 minutes based on traffic.

April 13
One needs to take dates as to when things will be completed or started with a grain of salt as the record of accomplishment is extremely poor for them these days let alone the past year.

Queensway intersection was to see guideway construction Jan 8 to the point miWay had buses on detour for that day and it was canceled as the intersection wasn't ready that day nor is at this time. That date was given in early Dec.

Both Robert Speck and Matthew Gates intersections were closed a week later than announced along with signage.

Topflight open up at the end of January that the plan early Oct date.

Elm Dr was to be closed April 3rd with notices up for 2 weeks in advance only to have it canceled April 1. It ended up taking place April 8 with residents receiving a notice for it days after it was closed, including me. The intersection is ready for the base to be poured this coming week.

It was show in a photo above that the crosswalk was missing for Matthrew Gates intersection that now has a temporary asphalt walkway in place of a concrete on like all the rest that has been done to date for some unknown reason.

It was noted Absolute intersection was to be closed in the first 3 months of this year and I expected it to happen after Robert Speck was reopened fully. Crew was working on Absolute intersection today that was closed on April 9 to May 7 according to the notice on Hurontario St.

I expect Square One Dr will be next that will take 2 months to do and cause some traffic issues.

Burnhamthorpe is an T connection like Topflight, but opposit hand that it will have to be built in 3 phases over a course of 3-4 months if they don't do the same screw up like Topflight.

The south pier of the Hwy 403 bridge is still the same as I shot it on March 28. The north pier base and the major slab to the north of it will be poured this week with the rebar in place for some sort of support from the pier. I expect this will be a transition support base from the bridge to the Styrofoam base for the ramp to connect to Hurontario St at the 403 off ramp location. Looks like the support will be a T shape.

Looks like the last section of the north retaining wall for the Rathburn ramp has been poured.

I was planning to look at the corridor today, but other things came up.

All the photos from March 28 to today are now online.

Elm Dr
53653478339_a5fdc76f00_b.jpg

Matthrew Gates
53654098576_b9f0003a99_b.jpg

Absolute Intersection
53654318043_802b038a06_b.jpg

53653223722_e5fc8a234f_b.jpg

53654560390_2ef0c9f394_b.jpg

Part 2 next

Part 2
North 403 pier
53654586775_2984f8e1bb_b.jpg

53653250337_6532c874ff_b.jpg

South 403 pier
53654124901_114ffe5deb_b.jpg

Rathburn
53654487919_5a3944f652_b.jpg

53653263037_f7b5a91450_b.jpg
53653250017_8b033cc0e8_b.jpg

April 15
I have a few shots for the south end of Rathburn overpass next to Hurontario that I shot for the brief time I was out when I had some free time today, and you need the drome folks to get a good shot of the work taking place there.

Kingsbridge/Elia intersection was closed off March 25 for guideway work and no work has taken place so far on it.

A few hydro poles north of the 403 are on about a 15-degree angle with one been brace as it is the worse one. It has been said all the wires should have been buried based on all the extra work that has taken place to do things 2-3 times. The wires will withstand another 2014 ice storm and more as well winds up to 140 miles/hr. The poles have a 30–40-year life cycle as well the wires.

Foundation Base is being formed for the Substation at the Plaza at Kingsbridge.

The Substation has been built in the north-east corner of the north-east plaza.

Wintergarden Intersection has been built but is not to open until April 28 as they are doing duct bank work under the northbound curb lane. It didn't take them long to do it. The police officer on duty had his hand full of illegal left turns in both directions and reading the ACT to those drivers.

About 200' of trackwork still must be installed north of Nahani Way with a 1/3 of the southbound track poured in place.

No trackwork for Eglinton-Wintergarden, Bristol-Barondale, the crossover area at Waitline and south of Britannia Rd as well the Hwy 401 overpass

Maybe this month will see the concrete poured for the track work for Matheson Station that was to be poured last year.

OS poles being installed between Matheson and Trader as well between Britannia Rd and Hwy 401 off ramp.

Did the firm from Quebec close their doors or walk away from the project as the Derry Shelter is still the same as it was back in January unfinished??

Crew working on the crossover at Topflight.

Support poles are being installed at Topflight Intersection with several still to be installed that are on both sides of Hurontario as well in the intersection.

More poles have been installed at Topflight and Edward intersection with more support cables to be strung for the intersection.

Photos to follow

Back