Toronto HuntleySelby | 206.15m | 63s | Broccolini | Arcadis

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Very large application, new to the AIC.

Definitely involves a lot more than 47 Huntley Street, but that is the only address provided, for now.

No Docs yet.

59s, and 48s Towers labelled as 'East and West', also, apparently, room for an on-site parkland dedication.

1634719348307.png

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=JG9tO8sgTvfVj8qQSim4Rw==

This is 47 Huntley Street:

1634719495881.png

This is the context of 47 Huntley, the application does not reveal the specific mix of properties involved. Clearly, there would be several within the same block, but I'm unclear if it might the entire block.

1634719657819.png

Of note, the proposal apparently contains 'affordable' rental units.

@HousingNowTO may wish to watch this one.

Heritage: None of the properties in this block are listed/designated, nor is the area covered by any Heritage Conservation District.

...yet there's a lot of quaint ole properties on that block that look timeless. And now the only thing stopping their demise if the owners don't sell.

On a personal level, it looks heritage and quacks like one, it should be preserved. Or they should find a surface parking lot knock over instead.

I wonder if they're going to keep the front end facade of some of these Victorian buildings. And build in the middle of block parcel of land. That would be something else to see if possible as seen in the photo up above!

I wonder if they're going to keep the front end facade of some of these Victorian buildings. And build in the middle of block parcel of land. That would be something else to see if possible as seen in the photo up above!

It would be ideal to keep and restore the houses for retail/commercial uses and build the towers behind them.

It would be ideal to keep and restore the houses for retail/commercial uses and build the towers behind them.
With towers the magnitude that they are, almost 60 stories, it would be quite hard to fit two east west towers between Huntley Street and 15 Selby and 24 Linden without demolishing the housing, especially with the potential of parkland dedication.

With towers the magnitude that they are, almost 60 stories, it would be quite hard to fit two east west towers between Huntley Street and 15 Selby and 24 Linden without demolishing the housing, especially with the potential of parkland dedication.
That's why I was hinting on just preserving all the home's front part of the roof line with the facade facing Huntley Street like 50 Scollard development . Tearing the back sides of the buildings to make way for the towers. Then upgrading their front lawns on Huntley Street as a long beautified parkette. You can picture that by looking at the photos up above

Id rather preserve this house as-is than more over-hardscaped windswept parkland

I can think of a more logical spot to 'Green' in that area.........

1634761208375.png

Other side:

1634761360142.png

Aerial Pic shows, crudely, about 35,000ft2 that could be greened for community use. More if the School Board were to consolidate the buildings on the site on one side, which would really improve the functionality of the layout.

1634761655729.png

This is a TCDSB site (Msr Fraser College Alternative)

Why not just negotiate a Parks Access Agreement and have the developer pay to green the site?

Just a thought.

Last edited:
My vision pretty well game true ! It looks like they're preserving the front half the homes with the front lawns as a parkette on Huntley Street . And building the towers are being built behind the homes. As seen in the photos up above.

Back