Toronto Humbertown Redevelopment | ?m | 21s | First Capital | Kirkor Architects

^ This is way overdue. There is too much surface parking at both Islington and Kipling stations. I hope they follow what is happening at Humbertown and push retail out to the property line to create a pedestrian experience.

Can you provide the article please?

This was the easiest report found on the internet.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/gm/bgrd/backgroundfile-11983.pdf

I also posted about this last year, there have already been site renderings and proposals made about this land, but I can't find them anymore. You can try and search UT for my thread from last year.

IIRC the Bloor/Islington development is not supposed to be a "neighbourhood friendly pedestrian landscape" kind of thing....just your run of the mill condos and commercial underneath.

I am really interested in the Humbertown development as my wife and I shop there regularly, and live down the street.

This was the easiest report found on the internet.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/gm/bgrd/backgroundfile-11983.pdf

I also posted about this last year, there have already been site renderings and proposals made about this land, but I can't find them anymore. You can try and search UT for my thread from last year.

IIRC the Bloor/Islington development is not supposed to be a "neighbourhood friendly pedestrian landscape" kind of thing....just your run of the mill condos and commercial underneath.

I am really interested in the Humbertown development as my wife and I shop there regularly, and live down the street.

Thanks for providing the link. Unfortunately this is dated back in 2008 and a lot has changed since then. I don't believe this is valid anymore.

Dated, because those renderings were made quite a while ago. The Diamond Schmitt scheme is not the one going forward at Humbertown. Sorry!

I was gonna say, that is nothing like what I saw at the presentation in May. The actual proposal is far better.

I'm not sure how old this image is. Towered, is this anything like what you saw? With Tridel involved, this would be a spandrel nightmare.

hvvra.jpg

The NIMBYs are still fighting this.

http://www.hvvra.ca/

The caption for the image above:
Image has been changed to remove the GREEN roofs illustrated in the FCR image as they will only be used by BIRDS.
So passive aggressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tee-hee to the "green roof" part. Then again, I'll betcha some of those NIMBYs are the sort who themselves tore down a postwar backsplit for a McMansion, or schlocked it up w/EIFS. IOW Humber Valley Village could use fewer tasteless dolts like that, rather than fewer "green roof" euphemisms...

Tee-hee to the "green roof" part. Then again, I'll betcha some of those NIMBYs are the sort who themselves tore down a postwar backsplit for a McMansion, or schlocked it up w/EIFS. IOW Humber Valley Village could use fewer tasteless dolts like that, rather than fewer "green roof" euphemisms...

Hear, hear.

Back