Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Crusin4u,

Just a guess,... but I noticed the first photo (eastern) is much more brighter than the second one (western). And judging from the low sun in the western view, the photo was taken around 4pm,... closer to sunset. So when you took the eastern shot, you got more sunlight bouncing off those condos and the photo was brighter.

Maybe try taking the photos closer to high noon,... when the sun is directly over the site,... illuminating both the eastern and western view equally.

BTW, if you had taken these photos on Friday earlier in the afternoon, you would might have captured 2 out of the 3 northbound Yonge lanes blocked off by construction or routing some underground wires,....

BTW,... keep up the good work with the photos. :cool:

Sunny,

I do not take the photos myself, but have a friend who works adjacent to the site taking the photos. I am not sure if the latest photos were taken at the same time, but I will make sure to pass the info on to my friend.

I think it was a case of just not having enough overlap down the middle. Stitching programs can generally handle the difference in exposure, but need a fair bit of overlap. They look for edges on both the x and y axis so they can gauge scale and angle.

Fad225,

Hmmm,... local Councillor John Filion polled the reps from 13 condos,... of which only 2 (23 & 33 Sheppard Ave East) would have pedestrian using this sidewalk on a regular basis,... and the other 11 condo would have drivers using the eastbound turn lane on a regular basis,.... gee, I wonder how that poll went? Duh! :rolleyes:

The thing is Cosmo at 31 & 35 Bales (and some of the avondale area condos) were used to cutting though the driveway beside the ex Metro supermarket, across the parking lot to the Yonge/Sheppard intersection. Now that the Tridel site has blocked off all this access, the quickest route is to go through the driveway of 23 & 33 Sheppard Ave. So that's adding to the jaywalkers across Sheppard ave.

For 31 & 35 Bales Ave an alternative is to cut through the P&G building driveway... which is also happening quite a bit as evidenced by Menkes putting up new "No pedestrians/vehicles allowed". Of course people could walk around the P&G building.. but yeah in this cold weather that is not going to happen.

That's what I miss about the old-school commie-block Ville Radieuses a la around High Park subway station. You can follow your desire lines, diagonal if necessary, anywhere and everywhere...

January 2011- Excavation Continues at Hullmark Centre

Some construction photos of the excavation so far that I posted to our purchaser website MyTridelHome.com.

110105-0072.jpg

110105-0085.jpg

What is the schedule for each of the two towers?
I'm a Minto Spring resident, and wondering how much longer I have a nice view for. :)

Depending upon the depth of the excavation, it could take up to a year to dig the site, and another year to form the parking garage... but that's just a guess. Depending on how high you are in Minto Spring, you likely have a view for two years still, give or take several months.

Last edited:
Depending upon the depth of the excavation, it could take up to a year to dig the site, and another year to form the parking garage... but that's just a guess. Depending on how high you are in Minto Spring, you likely have a view for two years till, give or take several months.

Sounds good. Will both towers be going up at the same time?

The first crane is tentatively scheduled to go in this spring depending on weather and other factors. Three to four cranes are being considered for the site. Both towers and condo office are going to be built concurrently.

In other related Hullmark Centre news, the last penthouse suite sold out over the weekend. The only availability left at Hullmark Centre is condominium offices in the Hullmark Corporate Centre.

The first crane is tentatively scheduled to go in this spring depending on weather and other factors. Three to four cranes are being considered for the site. Both towers and condo office are going to be built concurrently.

In other related Hullmark Centre news, the last penthouse suite sold out over the weekend. The only availability left at Hullmark Centre is condominium offices in the Hullmark Corporate Centre.

Thanks for the info.
When is the estimated occupancy date for the towers?

Back