Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Hullmark Corporate Centre Grand Opening

Hullmark Corporate Centre Grand Opening for sales of office condominiums was very well attended today. Sales continue tomorrow from noon to 6pm.

Great news ^^^! we're getting closer and closer now....

I've been really excited since this one was proposed... it's gonna be the tallest building in NYCC and will be visible from miles away!.. sweeeet!

Rendering of Hullmark Centre's office component from TWM's twitter page:

Click to Enlarge

So I think the Dominion is finally closed as of Thursday night...I dropped by last week and the place was hilariously devoid of food. Every aisle was 99% empty except for the one shelf closest to the cashier, yet people were still shopping, picking through whatever frozen fishsticks and marshmallow-in-a-tube and canned coffee was left. National Sports was a zoo, with about 40 people lined up at the cash and easily another 150 sifting through random clearanced stuff.

Unlike a prominent corner like 1 Bloor, the Willowdale Plaza site won't look strange once it's razed - it's already below the elevation of the intersection and behind a sea of parking, after all - but the area will look completely transformed once Hullmark is finished, even with 2 of the other 4 corner lots still vacant. This degree of neighbourhood-altering with a single project is rare and in this case, it's a very positive change.

The direct connection to the Sheppard subway platform from the east side of Yonge will be nice, though it will worsen congestion on the stairs leading down from the Sheppard to the Yonge platform.

... the area will look completely transformed once Hullmark is finished, even with 2 of the other 4 corner lots still vacant. This degree of neighbourhood-altering with a single project is rare and in this case, it's a very positive change. ...

I can't agree more; the intersection is an eye-sore unlike the area north of it. I hope we will hear some good news from Emerald Park soon. And what about that parking lot on the south-west corner? Someone mentioned Nestle II project? Any progress, or was it abandoned?

I heard Menkes purchased the lot of the SW corner - let's hope it ends up an office bldg instead of another condo.

I agree that Hullmark will greatly improve the aesthetic of the area. However, this area desperately needs to improve it's pedestrian appeal. The development 2 blocks to the north (Pearl 2?) will be critical in this regard as this single tower will likely have a podium of retail that stretches a full city block on Yonge St. (where it's mostly empty space today).

The area struggles to attract appealing businesses on Yonge St. because the lack of pedestrian critical mass and the pedestrians aren't flocking to the ara because of the limited # of appealing businesses - the area is caught in a Catch 22 that won't be fully remedied until all the empty lots on Yonge are developed. Let's hope the city/developers don't blow it with developments that do a poor job of meeting the street.

I can't agree more; the intersection is an eye-sore unlike the area north of it. I hope we will hear some good news from Emerald Park soon. And what about that parking lot on the south-west corner? Someone mentioned Nestle II project? Any progress, or was it abandoned?

I heard Menkes purchased the lot of the SW corner - let's hope it ends up an office bldg instead of another condo.

I would think it would be unlikely... but its possible...

The bulk of NYCC's skyline is condo towers... I haven't seen an office proposal in a long time...

Thanks AoD ...

Glad to see this going through, with Hullmark Centre + Minto Spring being built:

look out ~ here comes Annadale Drive extension !! :D

There was some drilling going on in the parking lot this afternoon...might have been a test drill (or something like that) since the sales centre is still occupied (meaning the plaza can't be torn down yet).

Back