Toronto Hotel X (was Hotel in the Garden) | ?m | 27s | Exhibition Place | NORR

QUESTION TO MODS! Why does this thread not show up in a Search (titles only) for the word hotel???
No idea, but your fastest way to search for this thread is to go to the database page, type "hotel" into the filter field, and click on the Projects link associated with Hotel X.

No idea, but your fastest way to search for this thread is to go to the database page, type "hotel" into the filter field, and click on the Projects link associated with Hotel X.

Yes, that's how I found it but the indexing is really quite variable and should be 'audited'! (Another way to find projects is the map.

There might be an improvement for public transit to get to Hotel X.

See link.

1-dace0183b3.jpg

Well, it wouldn't be a proper transit napkin doodle (I'm not going to dignify it by calling it a 'plan') without some suburban dipshit plunking a fantastically expensive subway station in the middle of a giant parking lot

Well, it wouldn't be a proper transit napkin doodle (I'm not going to dignify it by calling it a 'plan') without some suburban dipshit plunking a fantastically expensive subway station in the middle of a giant parking lot

This time, it's a freshly laundered cotton napkin, drawn with permanent coloured markers, instead of crayons.

Maybe they can bulldoze Hotel X, build the "subway" underneath the site, and re-build the hotel in a more comprehensive way through the private-public partnership that's been proposed ;)

Alternatively, here's food for thought. Perhaps there are major draws in that area such as our soccer team, the CNE, conventions all throughout the year, the future Ontario Place remake, and upcoming development. Taking it a step further and keeping in mind our traffic problem in Toronto, what do you think happens when you take all those soccer cars, CNE cars, convention cars, Ontario Place cars, and future development cars off the road by giving them a subway option? It improves other traffic flow. And I'm just touching base on the softball obvious stuff here.

Why is there a locked fence around a historic public property? Isn't the Stanley Barracks public property?
I do not understand why this hotel had to be given what amounts to its own private fenced-in enormous backyard. Why is the fence there? (the black fence that can be seen in the aerial photo back in this post)
I don't recall seeing it in the renderings before it was built. And from what I can tell, they don't seem to use it for much except this annual "Rosé Picnic". (From their video and photos, apparently it's a great event for people who want group photos of themselves holding up wine glasses, while overdressed and pretending to look inexplicably happy -- or maybe the wine could explain the last part.)
There's an area outside of the fence, north of the Stanley Barracks, fountains, and new gates, and on the south side of Princes' Boulevard, that is still just pavement and overly large sidewalks, now with a few superfluous tree gardens that appear to have been placed there for no reason other than to prevent the once-a-year Indy race from continuing to use it for their pit lane as had been done for the preceding 30 years. Couldn't they have put some movable concrete tree planters there instead?

Last edited:
This thing must be event driven. I can't see anyone wanting to stay in the middle of a wasteland unless they were attending a nearby function.

Back