Toronto Haven On The Bluffs Condos | 38.71m | 10s | VHL Developments | Master Building

Glad to hear another building may be coming.

---

Regarding the building exterior, that outside surface is definitely not the final surface. It looks like it's just a base for something else. As I mentioned before, it is far too rough to be the final.

View attachment 134965

View attachment 134966

...The stucco is a finish coat on townhouses facing East Haven, as per my previous post. There are patches of the building that look rough like this, but certainly nothing going on top of this surface. It is stucco. Not sure what you were expecting.

Did some digging.. looks like they applied to have the exterior cladding changed (*from original plans of brick/stone to stucco*)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 12.36.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 12.36.42 AM.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 307
...The stucco is a finish coat on townhouses facing East Haven, as per my previous post. There are patches of the building that look rough like this, but certainly nothing going on top of this surface. It is stucco. Not sure what you were expecting.
I’m expecting it will not look like this when finally finished.

Did some digging.. looks like they applied to have the exterior cladding changed (*from original plans of brick/stone to stucco*)

So fishy they would you apply this late in construction? Very shady

Are you certain its the "brick" like section this application refers to? Not much detail

I have is confirmed from the Lawyer that "Brick Cladding" will be applied very shortly.

Reactions: Eug
I’m expecting it will not look like this when finally finished.

There is quite a difference between the underlying 'mud' coat and the finished stucco layer applied on top of the mud coat. This is obviously a mud coat, with a final stucco (or even brick) finish to be applied on top.

Rumour has it, they submitted to the city to use pre-cast brick panels, but the City refused. So it will be real brick, I believe this only applies to the tower portions though, not the first 5 floors (podium). Either way, real brick should help it immensely.

Reactions: Eug
Rumour has it, they submitted to the city to use pre-cast brick panels, but the City refused. So it will be real brick, I believe this only applies to the tower portions though, not the first 5 floors (podium). Either way, real brick should help it immensely.
That's exciting news. Hopefully it is a good colour. The canopy they installed above the lobby is disappointing.

I feel sorry for the buyer who has this transformer right outside of their townhouse. Pre construction woes...
IMG_5340.JPG
IMG_5341.JPG
IMG_5342.JPG
IMG_5343.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5340.JPG
    IMG_5340.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_5341.JPG
    IMG_5341.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_5342.JPG
    IMG_5342.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_5343.JPG
    IMG_5343.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
There is quite a difference between the underlying 'mud' coat and the finished stucco layer applied on top of the mud coat. This is obviously a mud coat, with a final stucco (or even brick) finish to be applied on top.
Good to get confirmation of this. I couldn't fathom that variegated surface being a final surface.

BTW, how does pre-cast brick look? Is it anything like the stuff you find for interiors? Cuz the ones I've seen for interiors can be easily recognized as pre-cast. But then again, perhaps there are better ones that are much harder to recognize as pre-cast, or people that do a much better job of installing pre-cast than what I've seen. I'm just wondering.

However, it's moot in this case since it will be real brick, as originally advertised.

Good to get confirmation of this. I couldn't fathom that variegated surface being a final surface.

BTW, how does pre-cast brick look? Is it anything like the stuff you find for interiors? Cuz the ones I've seen for interiors can be easily recognized as pre-cast. But then again, perhaps there are better ones that are much harder to recognize as pre-cast, or people that do a much better job of installing pre-cast than what I've seen. I'm just wondering.

However, it's moot in this case since it will be real brick, as originally advertised.
IMG_5463.JPG
IMG_5464.JPG
IMG_5466.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5463.JPG
    IMG_5463.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_5464.JPG
    IMG_5464.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_5466.JPG
    IMG_5466.JPG