Toronto Haven On The Bluffs Condos | 38.71m | 10s | VHL Developments | Master Building

Won't know until PDI what the quality of workmanship is like. I have been in what was priced and described as luxury high end condos and have been surprised at the lack of workmanship on builder finishes, especially in the kitchen. My home is close to 70 years old and almost everything has stood the test of time. Only time will tell I guess.

That's not the point though. I've paid less and never had anything like that. Imagine if the builder thought like that? How many shortcuts would they have made on the things we can't see?

Okay, so think about it this way...

(A) The builder could have (and still can...) cancel the deals, refund purchaser deposits without interest or justification, and re-sell the units for double what each purchaser paid. It is perfectly legal, and they can do so without any repercussions.
(B) If you purchased in the building and/or visited the sales office, the units were not marketed as high end. They were sold as an affordable place for people to live. There is nothing wrong with the kitchen- people got what they paid for and what was advertised.
(C) Not sure what you were expecting for this price range. It isn't the Four Seasons. You cannot buy a condo within 1.5 hours of Toronto for less than $200K. That is the point.
(D) I am hoping for your sake that you did not purchase in this building. If you think the cabinet over the fridge is bad, your PDI will be a lot worse.

Won't know until PDI what the quality of workmanship is like. I have been in what was priced and described as luxury high end condos and have been surprised at the lack of workmanship on builder finishes, especially in the kitchen. My home is close to 70 years old and almost everything has stood the test of time. Only time will tell I guess.

The quality is fairly good. The worst part was drywall and paint- lots of patches that need to be fixed. But most people paint their new units anyway- so other than that didn't have an issues :)

(A) The builder could have (and still can...) cancel the deals, refund purchaser deposits without interest or justification, and re-sell the units for double what each purchaser paid. It is perfectly legal, and they can do so without any repercussions.
(B) If you purchased in the building and/or visited the sales office, the units were not marketed as high end. They were sold as an affordable place for people to live. There is nothing wrong with the kitchen- people got what they paid for and what was advertised.
(C) Not sure what you were expecting for this price range. It isn't the Four Seasons. You cannot buy a condo within 1.5 hours of Toronto for less than $200K. That is the point.
(D) I am hoping for your sake that you did not purchase in this building. If you think the cabinet over the fridge is bad, your PDI will be a lot worse.

The condos were in fact marketed as "Luxury Condos with Breathtaking Views of Lake Ontario".

I do not know who I am replying to exactly? I haven't done a PDI yet. One C - I am glad you were happy with your inspection (other than drywall and paint).

At the time of this purchase, I had looked at many condos, pre-construction and resales. I have several investment properties and am extremely happy with this location and the ease of commuting downtown by GO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Four Seasons? Counter depth fridges and cabinets are not luxurious features. Enclosing the fridge is not a luxurious feature.

Here's a picture of an older Cityplace building:
b13230_1364936233_936969.jpg

I'm not crtiquing the building or the investment. I just wish they enclosed the fridge. Has nothing to do with luxury, workmanship or anything. I'll exit this thread.

Anytime!! Just realized that I double attached photos- sorry! It looks really nice.

Excited for you all to do your PDIs. It wasn’t bad. Looks like landscaping is coming in now.
Fixed that for you! You can always delete accidental doubles yourself too.

Not complaining for $180K.

How much you paid matters less than how much you will eventually get out of it. It's not a big deal how it looks now. It could be in the future should the market continue to soften over picking up again. You never want to have the cheapest looking house on the block

How much you paid matters less than how much you will eventually get out of it. It's not a big deal how it looks now. It could be in the future should the market continue to soften over picking up again. You never want to have the cheapest looking house on the block
Given the assignments I have seen so far online and what has firmed up for Haven, I think the investors and end users have done very well. I have been looking at the Sugar Wharf condos, the new second phase, and a 325 square foot studio comes in at $1,390.00 per square foot. While the location is ideal to walk to work in the business district, I do wonder how, should the market soften, an end user would see much of a return over a five year period. Also, at $1,390.00 per square foot, the finishes are nice but not opulent. All the new downtown towers all seem to look the same. I prefer our mid-rise development and think it looks great in this neighbourhood.

Today.
mmexport1530536519165.jpg
mmexport1530536515944.jpg
mmexport1530536512558.jpg
mmexport1530536509522.jpg
mmexport1530536506641.jpg

Attachments

• mmexport1530536519165.jpg
    mmexport1530536519165.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 697
  • mmexport1530536515944.jpg
    mmexport1530536515944.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 679
  • mmexport1530536512558.jpg
    mmexport1530536512558.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 777
  • mmexport1530536509522.jpg
    mmexport1530536509522.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 753
  • mmexport1530536506641.jpg
    mmexport1530536506641.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 707
IMG_7026.jpeg
Checked out a townhouse today on a walk by and they look awesome. Finishes are cool (except the carpeted stairs)... and the layout is quite big. Loving the whole two storey idea. Kind of feels like a house.

Saw that one is listed on the MLS for $699,000 which is good for all of us.

Attachments

• IMG_7026.jpeg
    IMG_7026.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 690
Took this pic last night.
Not the greatest quality but you can see the lit up East Haven sign at night.

IMG_8481.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8481.JPG
    IMG_8481.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 906

Back