Toronto Harris Square | 50.29m | 13s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

There is plenty of space, even with the benches. You have space for booths in between each bench, with space for vehicle parking right behind the booth. There's enough space for 10-14 vendors, without needing to remove any benches.

Is there electrical / water hookups? It always surprises me, you go to other cities large and small and when they design spaces with program in intent they put in the infrastructure to support these activities. So often we forget this in Toronto.

Is there electrical / water hookups? It always surprises me, you go to other cities large and small and when they design spaces with program in intent they put in the infrastructure to support these activities. So often we forget this in Toronto.

You don't need any of those. I've planned two markets in the city, worked on a third and those weren't requirements for either of them. Vendors often bring their own power equipment if needed.

They are 'good to have', but most vendors plan around not having them.

Jasonzed: I love seeing your aerial shots, but how are you able to take your drone so close to the Island airport? I thought for sure drones had to be at least 9 kms away from an airport to comply with Transport Canada's regulations for air safety. They are really cracking down as a Porter airplane colliding with a drone could be devasting so I don't want you to get into trouble with these pics along the waterfront. Be safe!

Construction of "River City 4" - Please see cover letter for further details
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Minor Variance 16 221900 STE 28 MV Sep 13, 2016 Prepare Notice
Contact Information Hearing Dates
Jamie Atkinson
Application Technician
416-392-7612
jatkins4@toronto.ca

Perhaps we're verging on new thread territory (I couldn't find one for the final phase but maybe I didn't look hard/smartly enough), but might we have some design cues in the logo that's now up on the site?

upload_2016-10-11_15-2-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-11_15-2-47.png
    upload_2016-10-11_15-2-47.png
    18 KB · Views: 1,339
The original design went up to the Waterfront Toronto Design Review Panel in October 2015. The meeting minutes there are very interesting, but frustratingly oblique as to the overall actual design.

This site suggests that: "The 11 storey building is proposed to have a coffee shop as well as a restaurant and the residential suites will start from the third floor and up. The exterior architectural design by Saucier + Perrotte Architects will have major floor plate shifts for every three floors and will be another distinct building like the previous River City phases." The suggestion of floor plate shifts does seem in keeping with the logo.

Back