Toronto Harris Square | 50.29m | 13s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

I spoke with someone a few days ago in the Lisbon Hotel; it sounds like they are aiming to open on Jan 18th. Initially just in the evenings for drinks, but after a few weeks they plan to be open during the day as a cafe as well.

The space looks like it's coming along nicely — apparently they're just waiting for the last few things to be delivered.

Image 2.jpeg

Last edited:
This place is opening on Friday at 5pm.
it had a soft opening over the weekend and the owners/managers (all King westers) were super sweet and excited to bring something new to this area. this could turn out to be a great square-activating hub. wishing them the best!

also, they tell me a huge patio is incoming in the spring...

Some info about Lisbon Hotel. Interesting, just found out that the brother of a former high school classmate of mine was involved in putting this place together.

So checked Lisbon Hotel out with my partner-in-crime and loved it! This perfectly animates the perimeter of the square and is set to become the gathering spot for this end of the Canary District. Everything was excellent with a special shoutout to the chocolate mousse! The only way the experience could have been improved upon is if they gave you a weighted blanket and cornhusk pillow for a little nap after dessert! lol

And a quick note on how pleasant the entire southeast corner of the central area is turning out! If Villiers Island is anything like this we will be fortunate and an example what inter-governmental co-operation, progressive planning and a 30 year long construction boom can accomplish.
IMG_6645.jpeg
IMG_6646.jpeg
IMG_6649.jpeg
IMG_6650.jpeg
IMG_6651.jpeg
IMG_6652.jpeg
IMG_6653.jpeg
IMG_6656.jpeg

Last edited:
went the other night, and it was excellent. some of them are ex-Bar Raval people, so they know what they're doing. super hospitable staff, and very vibey. cant wait to see how this'll animate the square in the summer. it was packed last saturday and friday

Back