Toronto IMMIX | 131.06m | 38s | QuadReal | a—A

It is going to stop, once it reaches up to complete ground floor and then upto the new buyer.

The project is definitely not going to stop, and it is very unlikely to change at all with a new buyer. A creditor or purchaser has no incentive to alter a design that has already been paid for and started construction. The architectural and engineering costs would likely outweigh any possible savings.

Today.
EF6A67C1-42B1-4402-B19C-83F1C3B2EBF8.jpeg
2D0DA208-4DDC-40A6-8290-388F08733A14.jpeg

It's an underwhelming podium treatment no matter how you spin it IMO. It looks ripe for cheapening into a competition for YC Condos. The narrow sidewalks on Yonge are just as big of a blunder...but I guess it is what it is until 2023-4 or so. I'm curious if the treatments along Grovesner will be any better or worse.

Interesting. I wonder if Quadreal is thinking rental or if they are going to partner with Menkes or someone again and go condo.
I can only contribute to speculation but QuadReal is growing their rental portfolio in Ontario, and maybe purchasing this site only makes sense with a long-term time horizon (which is no problem for a pension fund).

Back