Toronto Grid Condos | 157.88m | 50s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

I really wish more condos didn't have balconies; that's the biggest reason Grid looks so much better than the norm, IMO. Balconies are a plague on Toronto architecture, especially the wraparound variety that aA continues to produce.

Today.
141F53DE-566B-4E62-9ECB-F48DD1C8E1E0.jpeg

Attachments

• 141F53DE-566B-4E62-9ECB-F48DD1C8E1E0.jpeg
    141F53DE-566B-4E62-9ECB-F48DD1C8E1E0.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 597
I really wish more condos didn't have balconies; that's the biggest reason Grid looks so much better than the norm, IMO. Balconies are a plague on Toronto architecture, especially the wraparound variety that aA continues to produce.
I totally disagree regarding wraparound balconies: I think they often look great. Casa II and III both work fine as new examples, while the Avoca Apartments near St Clair and Yonge are fine earlier ones. Done right, balconies can add a lot to a building. One Bloor East, 1Thousand Bay, Harbour Plaza, Monde, Tableau, X, wouldn't be what they are without them. Same thing for Tridel's next one in Bayside: it's just about the most anticipated new buildings coming to market in the city, and it's design is all about the balconies…

Sure, most balconies are average, some look crap, but railing against all balconies? It's way too simplistic an assessment.

50 Shades of Rectilinear Grey. Damn, can we throw up a cheap 2-D circle or parallelogram in the midst of that?

Back