Toronto Grand Hotel Redevelopment | 153.95m | 49s | Amexon | Core Architects

What's the itch with the damn balconies in the middle going halfway up. Ugly towers look even more uglier with these freaking balconies.

The shorter part of that building has got to be the superstructure of the RCMP/Grand Hotel currently being stripped down.
I don’t believe so. The original plan was to do that so the zoning approval allowed for a massing to accommodate it but it looks like they Have since shifted to just straight up demolishing.

Today.
05B1CD6D-9E97-43D5-9EFB-4AE15FEF742B.jpeg
F5B86C08-5D9B-449A-9CD5-9AA8D90FAE53.jpeg
8D0D060D-16F5-4EE3-A3AD-26CDCA814BDE.jpeg

This area is on pace to securing its place as the 3rd worst architectural corridor in the downtown core; the Bay street corridor and CityPlace are still in the lead but not by much.

Agree, it desperately needs some great architecture to salvage it. Jarvis has so much potential but it's off to a terrible start.

This is very passable, standard Toronto-condo fare, and Amexon and Core made a pretty good team at 488 University, which turned out a lot better than I think most of us thought it would. There's no need for catastrophizing.

Really disappointed this will (as best I can tell) completely block the view of the amazing artwork on the south side of Grid.
I hear you—it seems it will become a secret artwork enjoyed by guests in north-facing hotel rooms on podium floors.

I'm assuming there is a lane-way between this gorgeous mural and the new development so I think it at least deserves way-finding signage beside the side-walk, and a crossing-guard to stop vehicle deliveries during the pedestrian "viewing hour". :cool:

Pray no-one tags the mural once it's hidden.

Back