Toronto Grand Hotel Redevelopment | 153.95m | 49s | Amexon | Core Architects

If anyone makes it to this tonight…

PubConsult.jpg

…we would love to have a report afterwards!

Attachments

• PubConsult.jpg
    PubConsult.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,383
Wait what? They are concerned about hospital flight paths? Really all the way over on Jarvis affects sick kids? I did not realize

Wait what? They are concerned about hospital flight paths? Really all the way over on Jarvis affects sick kids? I did not realize

Sick Kids and St. Michaels.....which, as you know, is a lot closer to the site than Sick Kids.

I don't know much about helicopters and their landing patterns but i am guessing this is impacted by the fact that the landing pads are on roofs so, unlike planes at airports, the "line" from the sky to the landing is drawn from the top of buildings not the ground.

Each is, however, a bit different. Sick Kids is enshrined in 438-86 and is clearly outlined in plan and elevation while St. Michaels is simply 'regulated' by Transport Canada (and is much harder to get information / mapping on).

I used to live across the street from the Grand and do remember the medical choppers flying pretty low as they approached St. Mikes, so not surprised that it is being brought up as a concern.

I used to live across the street from the Grand and do remember the medical choppers flying pretty low as they approached St. Mikes, so not surprised that it is being brought up as a concern.

They seem to go over Moss Park which should be far enough away.

They seem to hover over my backyard.

Not to take this too far OT, and as a caring person and a dad, IMO it's definitely an essential service, but couldn't Ornge get some quieter birds?

For example, London (UK) Air Ambulance uses quieter MD 902 Explorers as opposed to Orgne's louder AgustaWestland AW139 and Sikorsky S-76. Looks like Sir Richard helped foot the bill.

https://www.helicoptersmagazine.com/aircraft/the-md-902-explorer-465

118260_800.jpg

Back