Toronto Grand Central Mimico: The Buckingham | 122.85m | 37s | VANDYK | Kohn

^That picture really shows how out of place these upcoming developments will be around this area.

^That picture really shows how out of place these upcoming developments will be around this area.
To be fair if a certain developer hadn't gone under half way through construction, there would be an existing 27 storey building in that photo.

To be fair if a certain developer hadn't gone under half way through construction, there would be an existing 27 storey building in that photo.
True enough, and that proposal was already pushing the limits.

There's a GO Station in that photo. Redevelopment should come… but how big it should be is the question.

Agreed, redevelopment should definitely come, that point i'm not arguing but in the case of Mimico and its secondary plan development should not be as dense as currently proposed. Normally i'd be pushing for more density like this especially around a GO Station, but this is a unique case with the current constraints in the area to to the design of the infrastructure.

VANDYK_Properties_Grand Central Mimico.jpg

I've always maintained if developers here were to peel potatoes, they would end up coming out as cubes. I'm glad they don't peel potatoes. Well, least I don't think they do...

Good to see this sold well, but no Site Plan application submitted yet. Construction to begin July 2022. This has office and other components along with residential. These permits will take time and it would be great to see more progress on the approval side.

Back