Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Yes except the sky train unlike the go train is not super loud Diesel engines which disrupt and pollute the quality of life of the neighbouring community
The comment I responded to was about beautification and preventing graffitti on the columns.
This comment does not logically follow.
Absolutely not related to noise or any decision regarding elevated or not.

Screenshot_2022-09-01_055856.jpg

Nice. I thought that last segment may take longer as one end is different than everything else they've placed so far, but clearly that wasn't a big deal. Can't wait for the first train to cross it!

Edit to add: Even just with diesel this should already be an improvement for the local residents, as GO and CP trains will never have to sit at idle waiting for the other to cross the diamond.

Nice. I thought that last segment may take longer as one end is different than everything else they've placed so far, but clearly that wasn't a big deal. Can't wait for the first train to cross it!

Edit to add: Even just with diesel this should already be an improvement for the local residents, as GO and CP trains will never have to sit at idle waiting for the other to cross the diamond.
The idling isn't that much of an issue, to be honest (well, maybe I breathe more diesel from them sitting there and then re-accelerating). But when the diamond itself gets removed, the biggest part of the train noise will go away.

It was the re-accelerating after idling that I was thinking of. Starting from dead stop is typically much louder than simply rolling by under power, and the noise lasts longer as the vehicle isn't moving all that fast yet when it starts out.

The DuPont span must have been the most challenging and why they completed it first.

So in the next few weeks we get to watch them place the final 3 spans by Wallace.

Great to watch everything coming together.

Davenport Diamond Guideway - Paton Road underpass by Jeremy Gilbert, on Flickr

I haven't checked out Paton Rd. in a while, but here's the concrete underpass box now finished and stripped for all to see. Photo by Jeremy Gilbert.
I was just coming here to post my (much crappier) pics of the same thing from lunch today. I'll drop them here anyway because they show the view from the other side of the tracks:
PXL_20220913_163202117.jpg

PXL_20220913_163240041.jpg

An emergency walkway + railing has also gone in over Bloor:
PXL_20220913_164334377.MP.jpg

PXL_20220913_164359227.jpg

Back