Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Been reading this forum for quite a while and am a resident in a nearby building. One thing I can say is when I moved in last spring there was nothing and within a year they built all of this. They were working day and night. Now it seems like the construction pace has slowed down. I am not sure if they are just trying to stretch the job for it to be delayed (usual construction mafia behaviour) or what? All I know is they better hurry up and make sure this thing and at grade tracks are removed by 2023 as planned as the loud war like noise from the trains metal wheels hitting the metal track crossing is unbearable. Ridiculous that they even built condos here before this project was completed. I’m sure the residents living here before me have been suffering much longer.
Sorry, but you are one of 10's of 1000's typical buyer who has not done their homework before buying X and surprised to find Y when you move in. You saw an location and building to buy/rent but never check the area out to see what is around you that may cause you problems, what maybe coming down the road, traffic conditions at peak time, weekends and other times by walking and driving a mile around the building you will be living in. Builders never tell you the full truth about the area, but some may do to the point as their goal is to sell the building out to make a buck.

Don't live in the area, yet I know the area very well from walking/ride/drove around it before this project was proposed as well attend the meetings once it was proposed, I also shot the area and some of those shots are in many threads here as I don't shoot everyone.

Construction isn't done on a snap of the finger as it requires many things to be done in phases with some areas see next to no one for long period of time well others seeing a lot of work. You are dealing with CP who calls the shots these days since this is their mainline to the US and Western Canada who built the line in 1880 under QC name. This area as well West Toronto Diamond required QC/CP to have their new line cross exiting RR lines that required a diamond to to do so that cause noise.

The city has no control over developers to say they can't built until Y is built as Y maybe push down the road for years or even change.

Look at the completed project in the north west corner at Dupont where Shoppers/Basic Food is that was built before this project surface where the diamond is considering as it was mostly vacant land with run down buildings like the north side of CP tracks. Look what is taking place as well has up to Davenport.

The project is moving as fast as plan. You had the choice to accept what was to take place, what was there or to move elsewhere when buying. Your comments are the same I have heard for years regarding development near rail corridors and other locations.

Been bunt so far and more so, you have 2 options like others; either accept what taking place or move as the railways are the backbone of transit that can move more people than cars can that will have a less impact on the environment and urban spawl than various mix tall towers as there is no more land for single homes in the coming decades.

The elevated line does cause issues for long term residents of the area, but is the cheapest and the shortest way to do it. Tunneling case huge dollars and 2-4 times longer to build.

Sorry, but you are one of 10's of 1000's typical buyer who has not done their homework before buying X and surprised to find Y when you move in. You saw an location and building to buy/rent but never check the area out to see what is around you that may cause you problems, what maybe coming down the road, traffic conditions at peak time, weekends and other times by walking and driving a mile around the building you will be living in. Builders never tell you the full truth about the area, but some may do to the point as their goal is to sell the building out to make a buck.

Don't live in the area, yet I know the area very well from walking/ride/drove around it before this project was proposed as well attend the meetings once it was proposed, I also shot the area and some of those shots are in many threads here as I don't shoot everyone.

Construction isn't done on a snap of the finger as it requires many things to be done in phases with some areas see next to no one for long period of time well others seeing a lot of work. You are dealing with CP who calls the shots these days since this is their mainline to the US and Western Canada who built the line in 1880 under QC name. This area as well West Toronto Diamond required QC/CP to have their new line cross exiting RR lines that required a diamond to to do so that cause noise.

The city has no control over developers to say they can't built until Y is built as Y maybe push down the road for years or even change.

Look at the completed project in the north west corner at Dupont where Shoppers/Basic Food is that was built before this project surface where the diamond is considering as it was mostly vacant land with run down buildings like the north side of CP tracks. Look what is taking place as well has up to Davenport.

The project is moving as fast as plan. You had the choice to accept what was to take place, what was there or to move elsewhere when buying. Your comments are the same I have heard for years regarding development near rail corridors and other locations.

Been bunt so far and more so, you have 2 options like others; either accept what taking place or move as the railways are the backbone of transit that can move more people than cars can that will have a less impact on the environment and urban spawl than various mix tall towers as there is no more land for single homes in the coming decades.

The elevated line does cause issues for long term residents of the area, but is the cheapest and the shortest way to do it. Tunneling case huge dollars and 2-4 times longer to build.
It is funny how triggered you are by my post, perhaps you work for metrolinx? I never said I cared about the trains themselves but rather how loud the banging noise is when the metal wheels of the trains strike the tracks. It sounds like there is a war outside my house. All I said is when I moved here they were working day and night and now I see not much work getting done on a daily basis. Perhaps you’ve never seen documentaries how New York, Chicago, Miami was built and who controls all the construction, or how about the eglington LRT line. The way and pace we build things in Canada is laughable compared to other countries who are much more efficient. Do you live in the building facing the tracks? It doesn’t sound like it. Often times I am seeing less workers and also more workers who are standing around. It is in the construction company’s best interest to stretch the projects as long as possible so they can squeeze as much money out of the city as possible. You think they want to finish this project on time and even before schedule? What positive comes out of this for them? Sorry but I like to question things and especially since I am living next to the construction, my concerns regarding the pace of completion are valid. Anyways, believe what you want and that everyone is always meaning well and doing their best but I am sorry I cannot be this naive.

I think Pauls reply was enough and he had responded in a courteous manner without sounding condescending and assuming things about strangers like myself who make a post. Anyways, my reply is the same manner/tone as yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
June 18
More up on my site

The 2 mobile movers are up on the south girders.

Started the brace insulation on the next few piers for the placement of the girders. More track has been added beyond the concrete with more to be added for the crane
52157823534_3c884634c5_b.jpg

52158076010_b759295142_b.jpg

52157590573_c9d2bac3a6_b.jpg

52157590643_369cd0f219_b.jpg

52157590783_302dc81de0_b.jpg

52156568787_e04a4950b7_b.jpg

52156569222_2810ea8e28_b.jpg

52157591333_ce3bd2124c_b.jpg

52156569452_2771aaf5b0_b.jpg

52158077295_ebf1efa513_b.jpg

52157825109_1dfd712e48_b.jpg

52157825184_acba72e89c_b.jpg

52157592128_9d78b6f78b_b.jpg

52157825319_e24a370d4f_b.jpg

52156570497_ee9bdea8d2_b.jpg

Does this project have any bearing on the Caledonia GO station project? It's a great idea to allow interchanging with the Eglinton LRT, but I haven't heard of any progress on it in a long time.

Nothing is happening with Caledonia GO and since they did the RFP and decided to go a different direction I don't expect it to occur for a while. They still have the preliminary work of the Eglinton Ave road bridge replacement that has no contract in place.

Nothing is happening with Caledonia GO and since they did the RFP and decided to go a different direction I don't expect it to occur for a while. They still have the preliminary work of the Eglinton Ave road bridge replacement that has no contract in place.

What direction did they decide to go in? Metrolinx's official answer is that it's still in procurement.

What direction did they decide to go in? Metrolinx's official answer is that it's still in procurement.
They had already completed an RFP and Ellis Don, Grascan, and Kenaidan went into the final round. When the date came to choose Metrolinx decided put the project "under review with different procurement options being assessed before proceeding to market." It was already in market at that point so something about how they took things to market the first time didn't yield the results they were hoping for, or they just changed directions.

They had already completed an RFP and Ellis Don, Grascan, and Kenaidan went into the final round. When the date came to choose Metrolinx decided put the project "under review with different procurement options being assessed before proceeding to market." It was already in market at that point so something about how they took things to market the first time didn't yield the results they were hoping for, or they just changed directions.
I wonder whether they may end up trying to integrate into the SmartCentres redevelopment plans/construction, given that the first development application has now gone in for that site. The province could end up announcing an MZO that includes an integrated station.

It would be great to see a time lapse of a segment being offloaded and moved along to its final position now that both types of gantry are in operation. I hope Metrolinx is working on this for one of their blog posts...

Last edited:

Back