Toronto The Globe and Mail Centre | 83.21m | 17s | First Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

They've also launched a website promoting their event space (https://www.globeandmailcentre.com/). Seems like a good idea for an alternative revenue stream for the Globe. Slick site, too.

upload_2017-2-1_16-31-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-1_16-31-7.png
    upload_2017-2-1_16-31-7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 302
Do you guys think this should have been taller.
This is, frankly, a rather silly question. There are very few buildings that can (or should) simply have additional floors added to them; adding floors may (and probably should) change many other aspects of the building. If you had asked "Should a taller building have been put on this site?" my answer would be "NO".

This is, frankly, a rather silly question. There are very few buildings that can (or should) simply have additional floors added to them; adding floors may (and probably should) change many other aspects of the building. If you had asked "Should a taller building have been put on this site?" my answer would be "NO".
Ouch. I don't see it that way at all. Wondering about the impact on the skyline, that's all.

It's a perfect height in my opinion because it presents an interesting foreground and texture to the cityscape without blocking the view. It's one of the new buildings where my gaze tends to linger a bit.

Reactions: DSC
I was always under the impression that there is never a silly question only silly answers.

Back