Globe and Mail Centre, The | 83m | 17s | First Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Do you guys think this should have been taller.
This is, frankly, a rather silly question. There are very few buildings that can (or should) simply have additional floors added to them; adding floors may (and probably should) change many other aspects of the building. If you had asked "Should a taller building have been put on this site?" my answer would be "NO".

denfromoakvillemilton

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is, frankly, a rather silly question. There are very few buildings that can (or should) simply have additional floors added to them; adding floors may (and probably should) change many other aspects of the building. If you had asked "Should a taller building have been put on this site?" my answer would be "NO".
Ouch. I don't see it that way at all. Wondering about the impact on the skyline, that's all.

old boy

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's a perfect height in my opinion because it presents an interesting foreground and texture to the cityscape without blocking the view. It's one of the new buildings where my gaze tends to linger a bit.

Reactions: DSC

LUVIT!

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that there is never a silly question only silly answers.