Toronto George Brown College: Limberlost Place | 52.5m | 10s | George Brown | Moriyama Teshima Architects

Which of the four finalist design teams' concept do you prefer?

• Moriyama & Teshima Architects + Acton Ostry Architects

• Patkau Architects + MJMA

• Provencher Roy + Turner Fleischer

• Shigeru Ban + Brook McIlroy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great news! As a former Vancouverite, I love wooden buildings.

I just hope they don't over-emphasize the wood, like Vancouver's new art gallery -- it just won't fit in.

New-Vancouver-Art-Gallery-1.png

Great news! As a former Vancouverite, I love wooden buildings.

I just hope they don't over-emphasize the wood, like Vancouver's new art gallery -- it just won't fit

Doubt there is the budget like the new VAG - cite the source please.

Forget the UBC project - the Prince George UNBC Wood Innovation and Design Centre is probably a more appropriate comparator.

AoD

Sorry I can't make it myself! Anyone else interested in what's coming next for GBC down there should consider attending!

I'm filming The Arbour design competition announcements at the GBC Waterfront Campus on Mar 27th 6:30 PM,. If any UTers are attending, it'd be good to meet up.

Are they announcing the winner or just presenting finalists?

https://www.georgebrown.ca/home/events/the-arbour-design-showcase.aspx

The four teams will present their designs to the panel. The winner will be announced at a later date. From the website:

Competition teams
Moriyama & Teshima Architects + Acton Ostry Architects

Patkau Architects + MJMA

Provencher Roy + Turner Fleischer

Shigeru Ban + Brook McIlroy

https://www.georgebrown.ca/home/events/the-arbour-design-showcase.aspx

The four teams will present their designs to the panel. The winner will be announced at a later date. From the website:

Competition teams
Moriyama & Teshima Architects + Acton Ostry Architects

Patkau Architects + MJMA

Provencher Roy + Turner Fleischer

Shigeru Ban + Brook McIlroy

What on god's green are TF and Shigeru Ban doing in the same competition? I imagine they'd be just AoR to Provencher Roy, but sweet heavens I hope they get nowhere near this.

I love Shigeru Ban, that would be my pick. Maybe we can start a vote on this thread as we did with the Etobicoke City Hall thread? Mods, any interest?

Last edited:

Back