Richmond Hill Gates of Bayview (Phase 4) | 116m | 37s | Pemberton

DarkSideDenizen

Member Bio
Reaction score
An Application has been made to the Town of Richmond Hill to build a 4 condominium towers ranging from 25 to 37 storeys, on Oneida Crescent in Richmond Hill. In total, there will be 1,518 new units. The project is, as yet, unnamed. Application D01-18005, D02-16036, D02-19023. The Applicant is Gates of Bayview Townhomes Inc. The notice board says that a virtual public meeting was held on March 24, 2021 at 7:30 pm. The development is not yet listed on the Pemberton website.

thumbnail_IMG_9228.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9236.jpg

Screenshot (202).png

Screenshot (203).png

I don’t agree with these 4 towers infront of 55 & 65 Oneida!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Because there are more than enough towers and traffic in this area already in front of a school. SAFETY of our children in this neighbourhood is important than money!
residential buildings are dangerous to children? could you link some studies for that? given that it's space for children to physically live in, I'd be surprised if they are net negatives on children's lives.

Last I checked housing for people in a housing shortage is a pretty important thing, and by locating it close to transit, like, say, a subway station, ensures that a minimum number of them will drive.

Where else would these people live?

disagree with these 4 towers in front of 39, 55 & 65 Oneida Cres.
this Pemberton or better to say Muzzos don't care about the people's convenient, only money & money and more money is important to them!
already over 7 huge building they made around this limited land and now they want to make 4 monsters in front or our eyes not to be able even to see the sky!
People needs to breath , people needs to see the nature and the sky , not only huge buildings and buildings and buildings.

this Pemberton or better to say Muzzos don't care about the people's convenient, only money & money and more money is important to them!
already over 7 huge building they made around this limited land and now they want to make 4 monsters in front or our eyes not to be able even to see the sky!
People needs to breath , people needs to see the nature and the sky , not only huge buildings and buildings and buildings.
I got my condo, now no more condos should be built! screw all the other people who want a condo here!

Oh, yep, this area is definitely full -- I mean, look at the photo below; it's basically Ginza! No air to be had here!

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 5.14.43 PM.png

The biggest concern that I have is the parking/traffic issue that already existed in this area. With such a narrow lane @Oneida Crescent, we will not be able to drive and park safely with these 4 buildings established. When I drive out of 55 & 65 Oneida every day, I always keep a very careful eye on the incoming traffic. However, with the parking cars blocking my sight, other cars almost crashed on me at one time because their speed was fast and I cannot see them when I drove out. If you want to stick with the current plan, please make good plans and signs where cars are allowed to park and make sure you enforce these rules at all times so that people's life are not at risk when driving through this narrow lane of Oneida Crescent. With that being said, I wonder whether there is any way that you could make the new building's exit on north and south side of Oneida Crescent instead of the west side? Another way is to make this west side of Oneida Crescent become a one-way traffic. Both can reduce the traffic level that is already at peak in front of the 55 & 65 Oneida Crescent building.

Last edited:
I got my condo, now no more condos should be built! screw all the other people who want a condo here!
don't you understand what I said?! don't you see how many highrise buildings are already they built at the same small land? don't you think if they have so much other lands in that area why should put all buildings together not to see the sky? should people's window just to open to the other's window? how about they built another one into my toilet?! first see what I posted before then think then reply to my like an understanding person not BS to me and make me upset, hlowwwwwww!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're angry at the wrong thing.

If we want a more livable city, there are a few government policies which need to be changed.

First and foremost, the incentive to develop needs to go. And that's our excessive population growth. But good luck getting the government to stop that.

Otherwise, the only other useful initiative is thoughtfully changing zoning in low density areas. If we make it easier to add moderate density around detached houses, we can reduce the pressure on sites like this to be as dense as possible.

Also, if you're angry with this, wait till you see what they have planned for that entire Langstaff area!

Oh, yep, this area is definitely full -- I mean, look at the photo below; it's basically Ginza! No air to be had here!

View attachment 448716
You think you are so mart to take the picture from east side of the maple to hide what the hell they made in the west side of this road exactly at the west north of the land? or you think I'm stupid to look at the school and park at the east side of the road? no , you are not smart but just a joker to make fun only for yourself!!! stand beside of the east side and take a picture from west view, show all the 7-8 highrises around this little land, then tell me how you can add 4 bigger highrises into this land!

You think you are so mart to take the picture from east side of the maple to hide what the hell they made in the west side of this road exactly at the west north of the land? or you think I'm stupid to look at the school and park at the east side of the road? no , you are not smart but just a joker to make fun only for yourself!!! stand beside of the east side and take a picture from west view, show all the 7-8 highrises around this little land, then tell me how you can add 4 bigger highrises into this land!

Lmao you’re the best. I love parodies.

As requested: you’re right; basically Hong Kong! Wherever will our surface parking lots go?! Woe, is we!

900E4B0C-660A-4918-A1E6-D09F9825A0F1.png

Back